Options
13»

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Chris

Just wondering if they did take some payments from her salary, how likely are they to chase her for the rest once she leaves? If they took a legal stance then that would cost them money. i'm also pretty sure with her current financial commitments that a court would agree that anything more than £100 month payment would leave her short of money.

They would be free to sue for any remaining balance, although I imagine they would probably rather recover it via an informal arrangement in the first instance. You are right insofar as the court would take her means into account when setting a rate of payment.

If the employer did sue, its costs for doing so would be incorporated into the total amount claimed.
    On another note could this failure to clear the training cost have an affect of her credit file although its not a credit agreement?

No - it would only be in the event of the employer suing her and obtaining a CCJ that this could affect her credit file.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying.

Just wondering if they did take some payments from her salary, how likely are they to chase her for the rest once she leaves? If they took a legal stance then that would cost them money. i'm also pretty sure with her current financial commitments that a court would agree that anything more than £100 month payment would leave her short of money.

On another note could this failure to clear the training cost have an affect of her credit file although its not a credit agreement?

I'd be more concerned about whether it had an affect on any reference she requires from the company in the future...while they couldn't give her a bad reference in relation to her work, they may feel it would be appropriate to simply exclude any reference to honesty...
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • chrisrawles
    Options
    Yes this is another concern to consider
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing