Sainsburys online shoppers penalised

Options
As we have no nearby store and no car at present, we have been shopping online at Sainsburys.
Recently, we were given some Nectar vouchers along with our delivery. It appears that these can only be used in store, which seems rather unfair treatment of regular online customers.
When we asked Sainsburys about this,we were told:

"We like to offer vouchers to all customers who shop with us. Many of our customers shop both online and instore therefore we provide both types of vouchers. Unfortunately these are non-transferable. However, we’re looking into combining vouchers so that they can be used both instore and online, you’ll be made aware if and when this is available to you."

As the vouchers were for 1000 Nectar points and Triple points on next shop, they would be worth having - if we were able to take advantage of them!

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    So it's good news they are reassessing their policy then
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Definitely! The 'if and when' leaves me wondering though! �� Won't hold my breath.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    It's really no different to getting money off petrol vouchers when not having a car , or money off vouchers for nappies when your child is potty trained. Not all offers work for all people.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only shop in store and often get £x off your first online shop vouchers at the checkout or emailed to me. It's swings and roundabouts - use the offers you want to use and ignore the ones you don't.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I shop in store I often get a voucher for £10 off a £60 online shop, but if I can't use that in store are they penalising me?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I managed to get into our nearest city by bus and into a Sainsbury's Local store and scanned my vouchers. Very happy!
    Then a couple of days later, I received an email from Nectar to say that Sainsburys have added 1500 bonus points to my Nectar account.
    I'm absolutely delighted and very impressed by their customer service in this matter.
    Thank you, Sainsburys!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport