PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sunday 16th October

Options
2»

Comments

• newroadahead
    Options
    Morning All

Marie hugs xx

Well my 5 days off haven't quite gone to plan.

Had a really lovely meet up with Jackie and Carol on Thursday, great to meet like minded people and ladies who love a natter like me.

So Friday was spent on the phone to local hospital re DFIL. First call to doctor on the ward who says he is medically fit to go home, when I say he cant get out of bed to go to the toilet he says that will be sorted by care team and he should be ready to go home mid morning.
    Cut a long story short he still wasn't home by yesterday afternoon so his sons had to bring him home. Care team arrived and very kind and helpful. I had strong words with FIL and told him that he cannot be proud and not accept help. DMIL is not very lucid and they cannot cope on their own.
    As the family work, two on shifts it is difficult for us to be there all the time.

I cooked up some dinners for the yesterday. My DH not dealing with any of this well, he is cross that his dad is so stubborn and his way of dealing with it is to not see them.
    We have had a few strong words in the past few days but I'm hoping he will pop round this afternoon.

sorry all rant over.

Spoke to my Ddad lat night going to see him on 2 weeks and he and his DW are coming to us for Christmas, he says I should bag away a little but not my way lol.

Needless to say have not got everything done I had planned, but hope to do some bits today.

Enjoy what remains of the day folks.

Hugs

NRA xxxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, just ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

We were up and out by 10am, went into Lidl in Melton, needed bread, milk and eggs. Back home before 11am.

It was hissing down both going and if possible even faster coming back. It has now stopped and the sun is trying to break through.

OH has his jig saw on the kitchen table, it will get moved in a mo ready for ham rolls and yogurt for him apple for me.

DD1 and DSIL will be here sometime this afternoon, I have sinned and bought cake, just cannot be bothered to bake, the house is in a mess and the installers have not started yet...aarrgghhhhh.....

The machines etc are unplugged and I have arranged a trailing socket for the big freezer I think we are going to have to take the baskets out to move it.

It will be an early rise (7.30) for us tomorrow and Tuesday, so we have time to shower and have our porridge before the installers arrive.
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all

Soon to have brunch. Off to see ice hockey tonight, not been for about 30 years!

Just sitting planning veggies for next year, taking on a further allotment.

Take care all the poorlies and those in a sad place at present.
    Carolbee
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Child benefit people just rang (on a Sunday?!) we will be getting a backdated payment later this week of just over £1k. Happy days :)
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    LW

Is there nothing like a tens machine (on loan) or heat wraps or anything that would lessen the pain?l
    I already have a Nova-Sonic machine (infra-sound, and more effective than TENS), microwave heat wraps, diclofenac, sustained release morphine, and Oramorph.
    The trouble is there is pain in so very many places all at once, that it's hard to know where to begin with the Nova-Sonic and the heat wraps.
    All the above do help, so I'm grateful to have them, but it'd just be lovely to be actually pain-free. I can't remember what that's like.
    tru wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The doorbell. Scampi has gone from “Someone's attacking us! Must bark, growl, snarl and leap at the door like a maniac til they go away and if they don't I will eat them!” to “Oooh there's someone at the door, who is it? I'm sooooo excited to see them!”. I'm still working on it and will hopefully get to the stage where he says “I'll just sit here on my cushion while you open the door, then when you let the person in and close the door, I will come over to say hello”.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm not holding my breath :rotfl:[/FONT]
    It's progress! :o In all honesty, very few dogs will sit quietly on their cushion/blanket while you open the door and let the visitor in; obviously service dogs do this, but not all potential service dogs make the grade. I can't imagine Jack waiting patiently, for starters! :rotfl:

We had soggy walkies this morning, but Jack wasn't at all worried - he's kitted out for it, with warm fur, and Spaniel feet.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Hello all, have been up since 5 doing nothing remotely spectacular. Finished another baby cardigan, start another later! I seem to know so many people who are having, or just had, babies or their children have, it keeps me busy.

Dinner this evening will be chicken again, roast potatoes, roast parsnips for them, brochures and carrots, stuffing which I haven't yet made, and there is still some lemon drizzle cake left so anyone who wants pudding can eat that. Last night, the fellas had hone made burgers, ribs in a barbecue sauce, onion rings, salad, a green veg dish, something or other else that I have forgotten and I had salmon and salad.

I have had a very self-indulgent bubble bath. I read while in it, my weekly treat but my specs git steamed up so I had to get out. Now am sitting upstairs and OH has brought me a cup of tea, lovely.

I really should go and start peeling veg and stuff soon.

Hope the rest of your day is peaceful everyone and love to LaineyT.

Scampi sounds a proper treat these days, my little long-departed dogs always yelled their heads off if anyone came to the door they were so desperate to get patted by any visitor. Deafening it was, bark, squeak, fluted whining, bark, shout, yell, on and on until the door was opened and then they both lay on their backs to get their tummies rubbed.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon chums ,bit chillier today but managed to do without switching the heating on. I have a thick throw to go over my knees, and that will do until it really gets nippy.

Off to DDs later on for dinner, menus sorted for the week, and ironing done and put away :):)
    I made a victoria sponge cake for the boys this morning, so they will soon demolish it I expect.

Just going to make a list of things needed to buy for Christmas /birthday presents next week. Also will go through my card stash to see what I have already made left from last year.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and ,,hugs .. for the ones who are feeling down or sad

Take care

JackieO xx
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello All

Am struggling a bit at the mo - but! - hugs/positivity and xxxxx's to all who want them. We obviously need to set up an insomniacs thread lol

To those in a dark place, keep going - no sense in U turns - keep going forwards - thinking of you and sending xxxx

Speak tomorrow - take care xx
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone

Just having a quick catch up, roast chicken certainly seems to be very popular today - ours was lovely, on another thread everyone over there seemed to be having roast pork - seems that Autumn is really setting in and everyone's enjoying the traditional Sunday roast! We went out this morning, and the roads were really quiet - it was raining steadily and was just not nice - it did stop at lunchtime and we have had some sunshine this afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills