PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Budgeting/food advice please :)

Options
13»

Comments

• WelshWanderer
    Options
    Good luck, Welsh Wanderer!

Your list is looking good..personally I'd add onions and tinned tomatoes. Flour is very useful too! If you have freezer space...stickered bread or even breadcrumbs. Soya mince is a blessing! Don't forget veg oil or marg!

I wish you well x

Thank you very much. :) I've since bought onions and chopped tomatoes. Tesco value ones were a bit pricier than lidl so I'm stocking up there tomorrow. Ooh need to buy flour, thank you!

A ig (((Hug))) from me , you are on the up and it will feel strange at first, but you will get there xxx

Holland and Barrett have 375g TVP chunks and soya mince for £1.99 which go a long way.

My DD is vegetarian and we try to eat a few veggie meals a week, We all love Garlic spaghetti and it came from our skint years when I had to find cheap meals for four of us.
    For four people............
    Cook the baguettes in the oven while the spaghetti is cooking in boiling salted water. When both the baguettes and spaghetti are ready leave some water in the pan to emulsify the sauce and then crumble in the baguettes , stirring in the garlic butter and crumbs, you can vary it by frying some mushrooms in butter and adding to the spaghetti, but the basic one is a favourite even now. Cost for four is 89p = 22p a portion.
    I take advantage of the super six at Aldi, the last fortnight has been great, brussels sprouts, leeks, cooked beetroot, swede, parsnips and white onions all at 45p, it changes on Thurs 20-oct - Wed 02-Nov and will be:

All at 55p

Kale-200g, Satsumas 600g, Butternut Squash, Funsize Apples min 5 pack, Asparagus, Chestnut Mushrooms-250g

Thank you for the hug, it's much needed and appreciated! You've saved me some effort, I was going to check out Aldi Super6! Going to get the satsumas, kale, squash.. oh, everything!

I made a veg... thing today. Softened onions in a bit of veg oil, added chopped peppers, can of chopped tomatoes and fajita seasoning, sweet corn, mushrooms and kidney beans at various stages. I was starving so made two wraps and there's loads left for jacket potato topping for tomorrow!

Feeling positive :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport