We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mortgage with DMP

Hi has anyone got a mortgage with bluestone or have any experience of them?
Just been doing some research and they seem to be ok. Not sure if theyve launched in the uk?

Comments

  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Are they offering mortgages for those in DMP's?
  • According to the criteria on the wevsite, yes
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bluestone will want a understandable reason for entering the DMP - sickeness, redundancy, divorce. For a complex situation like this you should be using a broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 25,078 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    I do not think Bluestone have launched fully yet. Not every broker will have access to them.

    I have used them a few times, infact I have been asked to trial their new system which they will be using when they launch fully. They are quite good in the main. However their criteria elsewhere can be a little tight (for example properties above commercial is a bit tighter than everyone elses).

    I would speak to a broker as amn suggests. You can only access Bluestone through a broker anyway however a broker will know other lenders it may fit with, giving you potentially more options.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.