Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

AE & Directors

My husband & I run a Ltd company and have two staff which we know are eligible for AE - I've seen lots of info about Directors not needing to AE (unless contract in place) but nothing about whether they are ABLE to AE? We currently pay ourselves a small salary & declare a dividend. I'm thinking it would be worth us also enrolling (if we can) as will reduce (albeit very small) the company profits hence less CT!

Is my thinking correct and are we ABLE to AE?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    This section gets very little viewing. Best to use the main pensions section in future.
    I've seen lots of info about Directors not needing to AE (unless contract in place) but nothing about whether they are ABLE to AE?

Directors without employees could use an auto-enrolment scheme. Although for most directors that would not be good value. Most directors use individual schemes with employer contributions.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure