Court tomorrow - What do I take along? Urgent help required

Options
Hi There,
I`ve got my court date tomorrow and I`m not sure what I need to take along with me.

My bank are bankrupting me because I can`t repay the business overdraft that they closed on me (rather than me bankrupting myself) so I was wondering if anyone knows

1. what this court appearance will involve,

2. what I need to take along with me and

3. roughly how long it`s likely to take?

All help would be greatly appreciated as I`m getting a bit nervous to say the least.

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    journey wrote: »
    Hi There,
    I`ve got my court date tomorrow and I`m not sure what I need to take along with me.

My bank are bankrupting me because I can`t repay the business overdraft that they closed on me (rather than me bankrupting myself) so I was wondering if anyone knows

1. what this court appearance will involve,

2. what I need to take along with me and

3. roughly how long it`s likely to take?

All help would be greatly appreciated as I`m getting a bit nervous to say the least.

Hi journey,

We were petitioned for bankruptcy by a creditor and didn't bother going to court. Our solicitor made an offer on our behalf just before the court hearing but it was turned down; oh how pleased I am that they did.:D :D

I was away on a training course and got a phone call from our solicitor late morning, informing me that we'd just been relieved of £210k of debt.:j :j

If you do go to court and I'm assuming you're not defending the petition, then all you need is enough money to go for a drink afterwards.

Regards

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family