We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help Please JC International LLC

Hi Guys,
Looking for some advise for my mother, she recently received a letter from JC International Acquisition LLC in regards to an outstanding payment from Talk Talk from years back.
basically talk Talk carried out some work as my mother was getting no internet access and they'd said if they fault was inside the house she'd have to pay and if it was an outside line issue no charge would be made.
They determined the charge was outside and still tried to charge her but she refused to pay.
Fast forward years later and they letter arrives from JC Int saying they've bought the debt and are chasing payment.
My mother asked them to prove she owed the debt which they haven't but have now sent a further letter stating she must fill in a questionnaire from the Justice.gov site form N180.
As usual with these types of letters they states various paragraphs and certain things must be completed within 7 days but the letter just seems to make no sense.
I can't tell whether it's genuine and needs attention or just scare tactics.
The letter is "General Form of Judgement or Order in the County Court Business Centre"
Not sure where to go from here and would appreciate any advise.


  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,226 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2016 at 6:02PM

    Form N 180 is mearley to determine if your case is suitable for the small claims track of the county court process, and also to try to settle the case by mediation.

    Have they already sent an N1 claim form ?

    Also, you say the debt is years old, how many years to be presice ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Renpen21,

    Normally this would be sent after the creditor had sent claim forms with a response pack. if your mom filed a defence then it would make sense to have this form next to determine which track the claim is going on. If there is a claim number on the form you should call the court and quote the number to check the validity of the claim.

    If your mom is trying to argue this in court then it may be worth while getting some legal advice. Good luck,

    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards