Radio Times 12 for £1 including the double Christmas issue

Options
13»

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried this last time and was refused,(had it at least 3 times previous), just tried again using a different email address and have been accepted,also received confirmation email.

This is from their T&C's, (my bold):-

"Trial Offers
    On occasions we may offer short term trial subscriptions for customers paying by Direct Debit e.g. 12 issues for £1. At the end of this trial subscription, the price you pay will revert back to the then current standard subscription price. We reserve the right to reject or cancel subscriptions at any point if the customer has previously cancelled their subscription during the trial period for that magazine."

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Tried this last time and was refused,(had it at least 3 times previous), just tried again using a different email address and have been accepted,also received confirmation email.

This is from their T&C's, (my bold):-

"Trial Offers
    On occasions we may offer short term trial subscriptions for customers paying by Direct Debit e.g. 12 issues for £1. At the end of this trial subscription, the price you pay will revert back to the then current standard subscription price. We reserve the right to reject or cancel subscriptions at any point if the customer has previously cancelled their subscription during the trial period for that magazine."

I think i must have had this offer at least 3 times, previously.

I tried again with this latest offer and despite receiving the confirmation of direct debit letter, the DD hasn't been taken nor have i received any copies of RT.

I rang them and my application has been suspended again, (because I'm a serial offender.) :D

Never mind, twas good whilst it lasted.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • tony98
    tony98 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think i must have had this offer at least 3 times, previously.

I tried again with this latest offer and despite receiving the confirmation of direct debit letter, the DD hasn't been taken nor have i received any copies of RT.

I rang them and my application has been suspended again, (because I'm a serial offender.) :D

Never mind, twas good whilst it lasted.

Looks like the same has happened to me as still no copy received or DD taken. :(

Good news is went through TCB and cashback now been paid :)
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD set up, hard copy letter received, without date of first issue, first copy delivered Tuesday 15th November.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• fiscalfreckles
    Options
    My first issue didn't arrive, (I had a confirnmation email) when I enquired they said that they had had problems processing subscriptions and gave me a new start date, two weeks after the one expected. I'm still waiting to see if it arrives next week - will all get a bit complicated as that's when they go off schedule for all the December issues.
    Fingers crossed.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had a few copies so far. I cancelled the direct debit. I recieved an email yesterday
    "I can confirm that your subscription has been set to expire at the end of the current term. The last issue dispatched to you will be the issue which goes on sale on the 17th January 2017.

As you currently pay by direct debit I would advise you to also cancel the payment at your bank or building society. "

So all good for me. Fab deal :)
  • tony98
    Options
    tony98 wrote: »
    Looks like the same has happened to me as still no copy received or DD taken. :(

Good news is went through TCB and cashback now been paid :)

Copy of Radio times finally arrived today :)

£1 DD was taken and then cancelled by me early December.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think i had my last copy yesterday. Good deal. :)
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I was refused the last offer (think I've done too many) so pleased I've been accepted today. Hopefully TCB will come good too.

Just to update that I was able to subscribe before Christmas (& get the Christmas issue). Realised today that my 12 weeks had finished so thought I would see what was on offer. Went through topcashback again to buysubscriptions.com and have just taken out another 12 week subscription for £1. Anyway, worth a punt if you've finished your Christmas subscription and have got used to RT.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • tony98
    Options
    I never got christmas edition. It finally started this month and finishes before easter. Still 12 editions for a pound :) (And TCB cashback).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure