Flowers for an April Wedding.

Options
Can anyone advise me as to the type of flowers I can expect to be in season for an end of April wedding. I was thinking of having silk flowers but I would like them to be 'in season.' My alternative is ordering them from a delivery service like Tesco.

Are tulips in season & is there any reason they wouldn't be used as wedding flowers? When I look at the wedding websites they never seem to get a mention.

Your thoughts, as always, would be much appreciated. (I am hoping to incorporate my flowers into my invite design.)

Thanks

Comments

• skyeandeviesmummy
    Options
    http://www.loveweddings.co.uk/features/weddingflowers_flowersinseason.htm
    The above link shows you what flowers are in season in April the following website is also quite useful for flower info http://www.flowers.org.uk. In a recent mag article I read they said that Tulips and and narcissi are spring flowers.
  • lilgreenmomo
    Options
    Thanks for those links, I had seen the first wedding page but the other is very useful. I discovered that Anemones are in bloom at that time & as my theme relates to the sea (you get the underwater variety too) I think that they will be ideal. I read somewhere else that they are popular wedding flowers in Italy & have long stems that help with winding them into the brides hair. So that's me decided then. (I could possibly even grow my own!)
  • Leopardlady
    Options
    Thanks for the sites skyeandeviesmummy, i am also looking at getting married in April next year and have planted a lot of bulbs, as i would like to have fresh flowers but don't want to pay the earth for ones that have travelled miles!
    I just hope they all blossom otherwise it will be out to buy more in march and april!
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills