Recycle your old Braun Oral B Electric toothbrush

Options
Another forum member posted an address and a link for recycling your old Braun Oral B Electric toothbrush. This is just an update to say that the link no longer works, but that Braun confirmed to me today that you only have to pop your old Braun toothbrush into a jiffy bag and send it FREEPOST to the following address:

Freepost RSHJ-KRSA-UHGE
Olympic Shaver Centre
19-20 Calverton Business Park
Hoyle Road
Calverton
Nottingham
NG14 6QL

Given that it is extremely hard to find any recycling centre which accepts these toothbrushes, this must be a better way to dispose of it than chucking it into landfill!

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    What happens to the toothbrushes(and Jiffy bag) when they arrive at Nottingham?
  • Living_proof
    Options
    Another forum member posted an address and a link for recycling your old Braun Oral B Electric toothbrush. This is just an update to say that the link no longer works, but that Braun confirmed to me today that you only have to pop your old Braun toothbrush into a jiffy bag and send it FREEPOST to the following address:

Freepost RSHJ-KRSA-UHGE
    Olympic Shaver Centre
    19-20 Calverton Business Park
    Hoyle Road
    Calverton
    Nottingham
    NG14 6QL

Given that it is extremely hard to find any recycling centre which accepts these toothbrushes, this must be a better way to dispose of it than chucking it into landfill!

We are going to have a go at replacing the batteries in ours (rechargeable) as we have the top of the range ones which would be quite a lot to replace, and the only thing wrong with them is the batteries don't stay charged up for long any more. There are several Utube videos which give detailed instructions, so for a couple of pounds you could have a completely refurbished toothbrush.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

Really? Surely they can just go in with the small appliances at any Council recycling site?
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not a big fan of my braun toothbrush. It gets gunked up so quickly and always seems to have grey sludge around the head.
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family