Noddle - Where's the Catch?

Options
Free credit reports for life? So where is the catch?
"You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nowhere.

They'd like you to buy some of the add ons, and for more lenders to use them, but it's still free.
  • GingerBob_3
    Options
    Free credit reports for life? So where is the catch?

You sign away your rights to data protection. To sign up I assume you need to provide a substantial amount of personal information, and they then - with your obligatory consent - use it for marketing purposes.
  • Delete33
    Options
    Correct GingerBob, I joined to stop the constant e-mails, letters and texts, offering all kinds of credit. My score is crap so it worked, knowbody texts, phones, e-mails or sends letters offering credit, Thanks Noddle.:cool:
  • weeloudawg
    Options
    Nothing they are just a shocking excuse for a report provider.
  • Hazzinho
    Options
    Noddle is fine, some drama queens on here. I've been with them a few years and the only emails I've received are monthly ones from Noddle.

Use Noddle for Callcredit and Clearscore for Equifax. Both are free with no catch.
  • David_White
    Options
    Information is extremely valuable
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • memberme
    Options
    You can now sign up to MSE on Martin Lewis' main site and through that get a free experian related report too.

I've used clearscore and noddle for a year with no issues.
    Scoring is stable and account info correct
  • Forwandert
    Options
    I've been using noddle since 2011/2012 when they first started. No issues with spam maybe one email a month direct from noddle and all details on there seem to be accurate.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »
    You sign away your rights to data protection. To sign up I assume you need to provide a substantial amount of personal information, and they then - with your obligatory consent - use it for marketing purposes.

All the information that you have to provide they already have anyway so it doesn't really matter if you give it to them again!.
    For someone who goes on about how bad the credit reference agencies are I'm surprised you haven't checked any of them to make sure the information they hold on you is correct!.
  • m4rc
    m4rc Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    GingerBob wrote: »

Your assumption is incorrect, you confirm information, you don't tell them anything they don't already know. You can then tell them if you would like to receive marketing information and if so how - which is of course how it's meant to be done. I've not had anything from them offering me anything so they respect your choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure