Lupus and getting a diagnosis

Options
2»

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See your GP again (if more than one choose the one you feel will be sympathetic) and explain that you need pain relief and not a diagnosis at the moment.

Suitable painkillers can take a time to sort out, as I know, having long given up on the usual over the counter ones and tried several prescription ones some (one in particular ) having bad side effects , ceasing to work after a short while or no impact at all.

As you have no definite diagnosis (so the hospital department you have appointments with may not be the appropriate one), there will probably be no point in emailing (as they sometimes don't work full time) the consultants secretary, as I do, if there is a problem between clinics.

I do have sympathy about the GP/hospital connection, too, having had a time when one GP (probably correctly as the latter is more informed) told me to refer the problem to my consultant instead of him and only very recently had a bad hospital to GP contact result in drugs being refused by my GPs and/or their pharmacist. (Sorted today after about 6 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure