MF before I'm 57!

Options
124»

Comments

• Mfw2016
    Mfw2016 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! 6 months since I started the diary! I only realised the other day I hadn't posted in what felt like forever! Took me a while to remember my name and my password :)

Well, the bills are starting to settle but they are definitely higher than the flat. Mainly because I only have one provider for my internet and they put the price up at the start of April so I won't be staying with them beyond my contract unless they can reduce the price. My gas and electric are being overestimated as I have stairs! hopefully, they will re-evaluate it in 6 months and drop the price as I'll end up in shocking credit before I know it.

My TV Licence is obviously in the first 6 months so should drop soon. Other than that, I am doing ok. I am paying Mum and Dad back for the money they loaned me on the car and I am paying for other bills that cropped up without me realising. The house is practically ready as is, just a tin of paint required at some point.

The plan of action is paying the bills over the next 6 months and starting next January (all going to plan) I will start to increase money to mum, sending extra to the mortgage and creating a "Rainy Day" fund.

I just hope that this is the case.....

Until next time x
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    What a shame it went wrong for you, but look, it's all good again. Time is great at sorting things out!

Wishing you luck on your journey and getting settled so you can start to plan for your Mortgage Free day!

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • Mfw2016
    Options
    Again life is getting away from me!
    I haven't posted in over a month and it feels like 5 minutes.

I'm having a difficult month but its more a case of trying to get ahead of myself instead of letting myself get lead astray.

I managed to negotiate my gas and electric down to a reasonable price and that's made things a little easier, but then I messed up with one of my calculations and I didn't put enough aside for my ground rent, so when that bill came through, I had half to find.

I have managed to pay it without popping it on a credit card, but this is more the reason why I'm having a difficult month. I am trying to cope on just paying the basic bills this month, using my little pots of cash that I have and attempt to leave my credit card empty, mainly so I can throw more money at the interest-free card I have, to get it cleared before the introduction period runs out.

So I am plodding along, writing shopping lists, keeping mindful of my fuel consumption and studying for two exams. They are the reason I am 'getting by' and not resorting to a big blowout down the shopping centre....

Until a month time! x
  • Mfw2016
    Options
    Haha! I estimated a month and here I am! Final exam is on Wednesday and then I'll be free from studying ����

Still pottering along... just getting the bills paid, dealing with what little money I have left and trying not to splurge on things I don't need. However things I do need are getting bought. I purchased a microwave the other week. Trying to eat better, batch cooking etc but was finding it difficult not being able to reheat meals unless I had them for lunches at work. So that purchase helped.

Bought some sandals on Saturday which were also needed as my summer shoes were none existent and it's been glorious weather here (until today).

Also bought a printer yesterday for my home studying and signed up to HP Instant Ink scheme which should save me some pennies.

Also not sure if I mentioned it but I cancelled my gym membership last month so the final payment has gone and I'm £30 odd better off each month.

Not much else to report. Hopefully next time I'll have passed my exam and it will be nearly time for my first holiday in 7 years! I think I deserve it!!! Xx
  • Mfw2016
    Options
    Been a while again - just a quick update this time as I need to run...
    I passed my final exam and bought the next course!!
    I don't do things by half do I?

I am trying my best to pay off my credit card before the term ends and I am intending to pay the interest in full on my mortgage each month starting March next year. I've played with the figures and the amount is less than the amount i'm paying off my credit card!!

x
  • newbiesaver55
    Options
    Well done on passing the exams MFW2016! I hope to be studying when I'm much older than you - it's an investment in my career which should help with the ££ too for us both.

I missed the bit about credit cards so I'll go and catch up on that.
  • Mfw2016
    Options
    Wow! It’s been a while since I was here. The credit card is paid off and has been for a month now. I paid my mum extra money this month, leaving a bit left to pay vet bills which was needed. My health hasn’t been the best over the last few months, but hopefully we have got to the root of what is going on and I can sort it.

Not paying any extra to the mortgage yet as still owe mum a significant amount, so will get as much of this paid off as quick as I can. I will jump for joy the day that is paid off as I will have so much money at my disposal and I can look at clearing the mortgage down rapidly then.

I will be hopefully selling some bits in the New Year and the additional money will go to paying my parents.

Hopefully the next time I update, there will be a large reduction in the amount owed.

X
  • Mfw2016
    Options
    I thought it might be a while till I next posted but it!!!8217;s only been a few months. I am paying major chunks of money to my parents to clear an old debt and it!!!8217;s coming down quickly.

I need to look in to also creating a emergency fund as well. I have back up credit cards plus if I really needed to I could have a few months off paying Mum and Dad however I!!!8217;d like to find this money myself by cutting down on expenses. I cancelled my gym membership this week and have paid the final instalment so now on my notice period. I fixed my gas and electric at the same rate as I have been paying so that!!!8217;s two jobs sorted. Now to find more things to cut back on xx
  • newbiesaver55
    Options
    Keep going mfw x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills