How to complain to MyCSP?

Options
As per heading: a very simple question. I need to make a formal complaint about my Civil Service Pension in such a way that it can later, if required, be escalated to the Pension Ombudsman Service. I don't know if this can be done by email, and whether to use the email address I have for them or a special address for their complaints team. Needless to say I have asked them (twice) without response, and their 'contact us' page does not say anything about complaints.

Does anyone know, please?

Comments

• OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I found their complaints procedure to be the only part of the organisation that functioned properly or efficiently. For info:
    There was an article in the Guardian in February suggesting "Three-quarters of civil service pension records are wrong or missing”
    http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2016/feb/11/mycsp-government-pension-scheme-civil-service
    “The Data Protection Act 1998, Section 7” allows you to ask for all your information held by MyCSP.
    My appeal was won on the basis that they could not prove I had been told the correct information in 2001. I was expecting the claim to drag on for a year but it was resolved to my satisfaction in a matter of weeks.
    Good luck.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OldBeanz wrote: »
    I found their complaints procedure to be the only part of the organisation that functioned properly or efficiently. ...
    I wish I did! I got there eventually, but only because I'd kept records of all my interactions.

Their incompetence was set to cost me £1000 each year in retirement, and all they offered in compensation was a one-off £100.

Fortunately I was able to get the right result. I never did claim the £100.
  • Dan83
    Dan83 Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there any way I can obtain myCSP statements from previous years?
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keep your pcs subs up
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • OldBeanz
    OldBeanz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    I wish I did! I got there eventually, but only because I'd kept records of all my interactions.

Their incompetence was set to cost me £1000 each year in retirement, and all they offered in compensation was a one-off £100.

Fortunately I was able to get the right result. I never did claim the £100.

Mine was also going to cost me £1k pa. I was lied to on the phone, given contradictory information and other nonsense. I was not offered anything. It was this year but now is water off a duck's back.
    As for the Union - not a penny more for arch Corbynista - Serwotka. I found it rather sad that having been a member for over 35 years they could not be bothered to check the records to see this before noticing I was retiring and asking for more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure