Children's swimming lessons cancellation

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
4 replies 2.1K views
pouk77pouk77 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
My two children have been having regular swimming lessons, which we paid for by direct debit on a monthly basis, for two years now. The cost is nearly £70 a month and has been crippling us. They're confident swimmers so we thought we could just stop the lessons and save some money. I've just heard from the Company that we have to pay for a full term even if we stop going! Twelve weeks payment! It is in the terms and conditions, to be fair, but we simply cannot afford it. Can she, legally, make us pay for the full term, which we cannot afford?

Replies

• OakdeneOakdene Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that the places are limited, i.e. a maximum number of places per lesson session, it seems only fair that you pay the full amount as you're stopping any one else from having lessons for that term...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • I do see your point, I would agree but neither class was full. My daughter was nearly always the only one in her class!
  • I've just heard that they're going to waive the full term's fee and let us pay just until October half term - phew! What a relief! Thanks for your input though - it's my first time on the forum and I was nervous :)
  • OakdeneOakdene Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pouk77 wrote: »
    I've just heard that they're going to waive the full term's fee and let us pay just until October half term - phew! What a relief! Thanks for your input though - it's my first time on the forum and I was nervous :)

Great stuff!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you