Interesting Article re Facebook Competitions

Options
12346»

Comments

• ScottMcGready
    Options
    taxiphil wrote: »
    I agree with BlueBella and Enigmatic Me. I found your article and input on this thread really interesting and informative, Scott. It's always great on forums when someone shares their expertise and unique insight on a subject, and you're someone who clearly knows their stuff.

I can't fathom the reason for the attack on you, which comes across as hysterical, paranoid and rather bizarre. And I don't understand the implication that a blogger is a dark, sinister force with ulterior motives. Is there a difference between a blogger and somebody who regularly opines on a forum such as this? Anyone is free to blog, or write on forums, or both.

Don't worry about it! Although it was totally bizarre, I'm used to far worse (you can't work in anti-scams/anti-fraud without receiving a few death threats now and again!). I could understand resistance if I'd posted it here myself but I didn't and as I mentioned previously, I noticed the hits coming in from here and wanted to make myself available for scrutiny from the comping community. You guys do this sort of stuff all the time, so there could've been a remote possibility my article was wrong, or parts of it were off, and I wanted to give you guys the opportunity to call me out on it.

That's the beauty and the horror of the internet - anyone can have a soap box where they can broadcast their opinions to the world- good, bad, or misdirected. Honestly though, don't worry about it. I'm glad you found it useful/informative :).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure