Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML?

Options
Hi,

Anyone tried or has any experience with THE MORTGAGE LENDER? They are quite new on the market and we are waiting for the answer from them as Precise refused to give us the mortgage.

Maybe someone dealt with them in the past?

Thanks
Loan £6700.00
ISA £3000
SAVINGS £2100

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No track record yet - you can let us know.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • sash_berry
    Options
    Ok amnblog,

We got kind of OK from them on 6.09. They asked for different docs and we are still waiting for the actual offer.
    Today they came back and asked to pay the fees what feels quite positive but not an actual answer yet.
    So waiting :(
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
  • sash_berry
    Options
    So 3 weeks in we have received confirmation that we have an offer with TML. We have already instructed valuation team to proceed.

My partner has very bad credit rating - 7 defaults for approx. 35k
    My credit rating is good, no CC, just one loan.
    Our salary is around 130-140k and deposit 25%

Precise refused to give us a mortgage where TML accepted.

So I recommend The Mortgage lender to customers with bad history :)
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    sash_berry wrote: »
    So 3 weeks in we have received confirmation that we have an offer with TML. We have already instructed valuation team to proceed.

My partner has very bad credit rating - 7 defaults for approx. 35k
    My credit rating is good, no CC, just one loan.
    Our salary is around 130-140k and deposit 25%

Precise refused to give us a mortgage where TML accepted.

So I recommend The Mortgage lender to customers with bad history :)

Congratulations on the Mortgage offer :)
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • David_White
    Options
    Thanks for the updates, they're on my radar but I'm always a little cautious when a lender is so new.

Congratulations on the offer!
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    6.09, that's eye watering, but hammer the overpayments when you can so your in a better position come remortgage
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    6.09, that's eye watering

Not as eye watering of 35K of defaults.

Our poster is fortunate that there are now lenders coming back into the market for this kind of business.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    Not as eye watering of 35K of defaults.

Our poster is fortunate that there are now lenders coming back into the market for this kind of business.

I suppose if they have that many defaults that the guy will default and thus have the house back to sell on...
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • sash_berry
    Options
    6.09 was September the 6th...not interest.

Interest is 5.57% so the same as Precise.
    Well some people have very problematic divorces and have to pay a lot of money to ex`s and lawyers so this is where all these defaults are coming from. Not from late or missed payments. It was easier to go through StepChange without any interest rather than pay all debts, CreditCards with the %.
    Ex got rid of all her CC and Store Cards, got a free house and Child maintenance for the kids that live with us now full time so its not just a standard situation with people failing to pay the monthly payment.
    I guess everyone deserves a second chance... but its easy to judge people, isnt is OBAY? ;)

Thank you for support amnblog x
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    sash_berry wrote: »
    6.09 was September the 6th...not interest.

Interest is 5.57% so the same as Precise.
    Well some people have very problematic divorces and have to pay a lot of money to ex`s and lawyers so this is where all these defaults are coming from. Not from late or missed payments. It was easier to go through StepChange without any interest rather than pay all debts, CreditCards with the %.
    Ex got rid of all her CC and Store Cards, got a free house and Child maintenance for the kids that live with us now full time so its not just a standard situation with people failing to pay the monthly payment.
    I guess everyone deserves a second chance... but its easy to judge people, isnt is OBAY? ;)

Thank you for support amnblog x
    #

Well said!
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business