Seriously?! Again?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    Morning just a quick pop in. The HSBC account balance finally reads £0. I am just going to wait until the next statement is posted to ensure there is no residual interest to pay. And then I will close it.

This weekend was a very spendy weekend. £40 at Tesco on groceries and another £40 at hobby craft for daughters art homework supplies. Very painful spend...I sincerely hope it is not a regular occurrence. Already the D of E stuff is going to cost.

Counting down the days to payday. It's such a long way away. Planning on a NSD today.
  • Rosylee
    edited 22 September 2016 at 7:53AM
    Options
    Morning, feeling really low this morning. Stressed about work, and just wishing I didn't have debt so I could take a less stressful lower paid job.

But not possible so just have to plod on.

It's been quiet on the money front. Spent £11.44 at Heron Foods. I really like this store as you get a lot of branded food for cheap as it is near to the use by date. I tend to get yogurts mostly.

On the good news front hubby has been offered a job. It's an hour's drive at least but beggars can't be choosers. Just hope this one works out. At least he will help out with daughters tuition money at £200 a month which is no small thing. I pay all the bills and he usually pays anything extra we need, or our annual UK holiday. I prefer it this way. His work situation has been so difficult over the last year...had I relied on his income we would have been up the creek without a paddle.

Another bit of good news. I decided to cancel sky movies from my virgin media account plus a v box in my daughter's rooms she wasn't actually using. That resulted in a saving of £27. I also downgraded my home phone as we hardly use it, and along side this they offered me a further discount. So my virgin media package went down from £129 to £83.50. I am locked into 12 month contract but that is ok as I really enjoy my tv and specifically prefer virgin to any other provider. I know it's a lot but it covers tv, broadband and phone. Need a good broadband as, I work from home. We don't smoke or drink or eat takeaways or meals out. So this is my only enjoyment.

Hubby is very good with money. Very disciplined. No debt whatsoever. Not happy with my debt but doesn't know the full extent of it and I plan to keep it that way for the time being...yes, I know many would disagree with me but I just can't face the stress that will come with it.

Now my ebay sales...a right disaster that's has been. I must be the only idiot on eBay who manages to lose money with a sale. I was selling a very old GCSE book, so set the price at 25p start. But somehow managed to select free postage.I had used the ebay app for the first time and clearly messed up. So of course it sold for 25p and now I have to cough up the postage.

On the weight loss front I lost 3lbs last week. Lots more to go, trying not to think about it. Hoping for another loss on Saturday.

Really need to clean the house, it's a tip, a reflection of how I feel inside really.

Right time to pull myself together, pity party over for the moment. Have a good day
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Morning Diary. Just a quick pop in.

Re ebay...after sending the purchaser a message explaining I hadn't realised I didn't add a postage cost she has kindly agreed to pay the postage. I was prepared to take the hit as it was my own fault and said as much but really pleased when she offered to pay extra. I can only hope she follows through. So at least I will make 25p.

Managed to sell another two books on Facebook for £5. It's always a risk as sometimes people don't turn up. Fingers crossed she does and I will be £5 better off.

My daughter has had to have new glasses. So that came to £60. Luckily I had £70 in the glasses fund. But now it's depleted and will take a while to build up again. This is why YNAB makes sense, funding your true expenses to avoid creating more debt. Only my disposable income after debt and Bill repayments is so little I can't fund my categories very well.

Really glad it's Friday. But still a whole week to payday. This has been a really long month. Having said that there has also been some real positives and steps in the right direction.
  • Rosylee
    Options
    Happy days... books sold, £5...

Have faithfully logged it into YNAB, will use to get a small roast for Sunday dinner.

Have a couple of bits on sale on eBay, no watchers or bids yet.

I have been wondering on the merits of a car boot sale. My only worry is I won't make enough to cover the fee and then it's a loss. I haven't got masses to sell, lots of books, some clothes, a few cds, scrapbooking supplies. Also what does one need for car booting, tables etc. Might have to Google.

Also thinking of an American style yard sale. In my case a drive way sale. We live on a busy road so people walking by a lot. But what would the neighbours think?

If anybody is reading this I would love to know what you think
  • Rosylee
    Options
    So it's been a while since I last posted, to be honest I don't think anyone's actually reading this. But debt busting is somewhat a lonely endeavour so I write to keep myself company.

The thing about the debt journey is that time moves sooo slowly. Using the snowball calculator I have worked out my debt free date is May 2019. I just want to hurry up and get there.

Fortunately all my debt is now on 0%. Patience is what is required and discipline. I still need to do better with my grocery spending. This is really the only place I can squeeze extra money from to add to the snowball amount.

I am trying to build up my categories so that I have money if things comes up to avoid making more debt. I also have been saving into the credit union but I have been wondering if I should move this to my paragon account as at least this pays a monthly interest, even if only 50p. I don't think the credit union pays interest. But on the other hand it's a real effort to access the money in the credit union so more likely not to be used for frivolous expenditure. Not sure what to do.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I've just read your diary, keep going. I read many diaries but don't reply so please don't think people aren't reading ( although I understand and the same thought has crossed my mind about my own ). I have made the same mistakes and have become reliant on credit cards. Well done for realising. I will subscribe to your diary to watch your progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure