OR Interview Cancelled

Options
Hi, just wondering if anyone can give any advice please.

OR has contacted sister to cancel telephone interview saying that it isn't necessary at this stage. Hasn't made another appointment or anything.
Just wondering why this should be and if it's anything to worry about?:confused:

Comments

• wherediditallgo
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone gets told that they'll be interviewed, but I know of people who've never had a conversation with anyone other than a clerk shortly after submitting their documents, so it seems some cases are so straightforward that they don't see any need to bother with an actual interview. I think in your sister's case they've cancelled the booked interview because either they've decided they don't need an interview at this stage because they haven't got any queries to raise with her yet, or they don't intend to interview her at all. Either way, I'd take it that things are progressing well. If the OR does need to interview her in future, they'll ring or write to arrange it. Until then, she might as well relax & get on with living her new life. :)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Just to confirm that....

Some simple cases won't require an interview. Apparently these are referred to as "type 0" cases:
    A case is defined as type '0' when;
    • no additional essential information is required;
    • no further investigation is required;
    • the case is suitable for early discharge;
    • the examiner believes that the necessary recommendations can be made and instructions given without contacting the bankrupt, and
    • the reason for the insolvency is fully explained in the statement of affairs.
    The definition of type 0 cases should be strictly adhered to and should be restricted only to those cases in which, following the review of the statement of affairs by the examiner, there is no need for the examiner to initiate further contact.

In cases where an interview does not take place, the examiner must ensure that where there are assets to be realised or exempted, an appropriate letter is sent. This will ensure that the bankrupt is aware in a timely fashion of how the bankruptcy will affect certain assets. If insufficient information is available, a type 0 case may need to be redefined as a type 1 case. For example;
    • where a motor vehicle is to be exempted, the examiner is required to ascertain the reason for the exemption;
    • where further information is required to make an assessment for an Income Payments Order or Income Payments Agreement; or
    • where the bankrupt has supplied inadequate information regarding creditors resulting in the official receiver being unable to issue notices and reports to creditors.
    And I agree with WDIAG, time to relax and enjoy being debt free for a bit. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • truffsie
    Options
    Thank you very much for your helpful replies. Much appreciated. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills