Query re: informing OR of change in circumstances

Options
Hi

My husband and I were both declared bankrupt in January this year. He has now been given early discharge, and I have just been sent IPOQ, etc.

He is discharged with no IPA in place. IF he got an increase in income, I understand that he no longer needs to inform the OR.

However, would I need to inform the OR, as his increase in income affects my circumstances because we share all of our money jointly?

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has your husband actally received any increase in income, yet, lou?

If not, simply fill in your forms and, hopefully, you would receive your early discharge before any change in your husband's income.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • lou031205
    Options
    Hi Rog,

No, it is hypothetical, but got me thinking. Forms are sent already. Just thought it would be a shame if he got a bonus/ pay rise and still had to declare it as if he was still bankrupt because of me.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lou031205 wrote: »
    Just thought it would be a shame if he got a bonus/ pay rise and still had to declare it as if he was still bankrupt because of me.

Yes it would be unfortunate, let's hope it doesn't happen and that you get your ED soon.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • debt_doctor
    Options
    Hi, An IPA is placed against the spare income of the bankrupt and not the partner. The partner is only expected to contribute towards the house hold bills if they are able to, ie a portion of h/k, gas, elec, etc. The surplus income of a non bankrupt is of no concern to the OR.

Best wishes

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure