Stephen's Journey to Mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• lcfcstephen
    Options
    Need to buy a base for the shed. But getting there with presents and cards! The Christmas tree will go up today as we welcome back a friend who has been away for three months!
    Mortgage Debt £53,879.68 as of 2nd July
    Help to Buy Equity Loan Debt £26,799
    Total Debt: £80,678.68 of £133,995 two bed house
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    Most people can find our house when delivering, even if they need to call up to get instructions. Amazon have decided twice to not bother delivering because they can't find the address on the sat nav. Been very annoyed at them! Hopefully will start to be sorted.
    Christmas presents are almost done, Christmas tree is up. How is it ten days till Christmas?!
    Planning on working out how much to overpay on Saturday, I think we might be able to put an extra months payment towards it which will be great
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a fantastic potential overpayment!
    Sorry to hear about your bikes being stolen, what a sucky thing to happen :(
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    Yeah, just resets us for the year and then we can start the new year with a new budget whilst still being ahead of the plan! We will see how much it is - we might ear mark some of it to buy other things, but we shall see :)
    It happens, we thought they were safer than they were, if it happens again I'll be very impressed because they'll have to deal with a locked back gate as well as a shed!
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    The shed has arrived, not put it up yet though!
    Still waiting for some Christmas presents to be delivered so we can wrap them and send them off! It's getting tight...
    On Saturday I made an Overpayment of £500 (the other money will go towards things that we need, hopefully in sales) and increased my monthly payments to £600. But it hasn't been taken from my bank yet, so need to call them again today to see whats happened and get them to sort it out.
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    Almost finished with presents. Heading over to LW's home in a couple of days to pick up the car so we can borrow it until after new year. But it's poorly so has renewed our focus on saving to a car of our own.
    Looking forward to our first Christmas meal together - especially as we've started acing general roast dinners!
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    One present to go! Came fourth in the work quiz - was a hard quiz, but glad I did well!
    Leaving for Sheffield tomorrow. Also been potentially offered a free old (2002/3) car (VW Golf) Need to work out if it's sensible to take it and use it, or if it would be better to save towards a newer car when we can afford it. Not sure, but probably leaning more towards taking it at the moment
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    I hope you all have had a great Christmas! I enjoyed mine, was great to have Christmas day on our own and not have to worry about anything else. We also got several things for the house which will help finances. Now looking to see if we can get other things in the sales - specifically another smaller sofa and a dressing table.
    Yesterday we went and spent some time with LW's family which was good fun. Back to work now though, but I'm off next week, so hopefully we can get some tidying and clearing of the house done at that point!
    Still umming and erring about the car, still thinking it makes at least some sense to do it.
  • Kittenkirst
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely Christmas!

What is it that's causing you to errr about the car specifically? :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • lcfcstephen
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely Christmas!

What is it that's causing you to errr about the car specifically? :)

Hi Kitten - it's mostly about the insurance cost versus saving up to get a car of my own. But I think the insurance cost will be eye watering until I have a couple years no claims and so I think we will take it - even if we have to give it back to them after a year.
    But it's partly that I overthink things anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills