Kensington stalling?

Just a bit of advice here really.

So everything submitted for application to go through including SA302s.

However they've seem to want my second years accounts as my Sa302's aren't working for them. I thought they'd be ok with my sa302 plus my first years accounts.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm now at stale mate until the 7th of September. As my end of year is th 31st of August.
[STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
11/11/18 - £142,074.00
Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Why did you send accounts and SA302s?

Kensington are an absolute ball ache of a lender. I hate using them, but we tend to deal in the same sort of business so our paths cross fairly regularly. Dont take it personally, their underwriters are some of the more pedantic underwriters out there.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    ACG wrote: »
    Why did you send accounts and SA302s?

Kensington are an absolute ball ache of a lender. I hate using them, but we tend to deal in the same sort of business so our paths cross fairly regularly. Dont take it personally, their underwriters are some of the more pedantic underwriters out there.

it's what they requested, plus they wanted to talk to our accountant too..

it's been a bit of hard for now... they've refunded our valuation fee today...
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
  • ACG
    Forumite
    If they have refunded your valuation fee, they have declined your application.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • obay
    If they have refunded your valuation fee, they have declined your application.

We got told that they're refunding it pending further information i.e. More accounts today is my end of year.

We've just given them the statement for our deposit and they happily accepted it...
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
  • ACG
    Forumite
    Interesting. Can you keep this thread updated?
    I have never known them to refund a valuation unless it was being declined. Im not saying you are wrong btw. I do try to avoid Kensington as although they tend to get there, you find your blood pressure has rissen and the amount of hair you have has dropped.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • obay
    I have never known them to refund a valuation unless it was being declined. Im not saying you are wrong btw. I do try to avoid Kensington as although they tend to get there, you find your blood pressure has rissen and the amount of hair you have has dropped.

And that is where the situation we are in, we are not 100% sure on what is happening at the moment.. the money is there and I don't see why they are requiring more information at all?

I thought the SA302 was all they needed.... does it look like I'm going to get on this bloody ladder everyone keeps talking about??
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
  • ACG
    Forumite
    I would say trust your broker.
    Kensington are not easy, if your broker is still working on it then they must have some confidence it will go ahead.

Its a tricky one to answer without knowing more. Its one of those things you need to speak to your broker about.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • obay
    I would say trust your broker.
    Kensington are not easy, if your broker is still working on it then they must have some confidence it will go ahead.

Its a tricky one to answer without knowing more. Its one of those things you need to speak to your broker about.

Hi!

Just thought i'd drop an update for you, they don't use SA302's they use company accounts, unabbreviated.

This is why they rejected me last time, now they have 2 years full accounts with them with a 15% deposit awaiting for them to collect.

They have re-taken the valuation fee today and will see how long it'll take from here to get an offer (if we do) I do hope!

In other news, I won my case form the ombusman about Vodafone and they're removing all the defaults present with my name..

:)
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
  • obay

I got a full offer issues today!! :) I just want to shout!
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family