Hotmail question

Options
Has anyone else's Hotmail account changed recently? Mine has gone from being able to select all the emails in sight to being able to only select one or everything in the folder. Meaning now to delete loads of emails I have to select them one by one or every single email at once. Before I could select around 30 or so that were on the immediate screen to delete.

Is this to do with my settings or has Hotmail just changed the way of doing things? I really don't have the time to be going through every single email to delete so if its the way it is I need to change providers (slightly gutted about that as my email address is very personal to me and I've had it 12 years or so!
I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They switched mine to "outlook" several months ago - I find it slower than hotmail used to be and any of the other e-mail providers I use - couldn't find how to stop it listing all the emails in a folder either but because it's so slow I hardly use now anyway.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked, and if you hover your mouse to the left of the message in the inbox list, a little white box appears, tick it, then do the same with the others, then click delete as normal.

I only had four to delete just now and doing it this way worked fine.

Don't know if there is a limit on how many you can delete at one go though.
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Click the top box, then at the same time, press the shift key and click in the box of the last email you want to delete and this should highlight them all, press delete, job done.
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Used to be click the box to select all, maybe untick the odd keeper then delete would remove the rest on that page - there appears to be no way to restore the page view which used to show 20 or so emails - the list now shows them all on one page
  • Vanished
    Vanished Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    The new hotmail/outlook is awful with non stop mistakes. I can no longer see the total number of emaisl in my inbox which is a strange change and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the skype account.

Bah to changes that make things harder.
    :(
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Vanished wrote: »
    there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the skype account.

There isn't, it's like the Weather app in Windows 10 part and parcel of it.
  • fizzly
    fizzly Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My Outlook has changed too. In mobile view on my kindle, new messages no longer are in bold. Opened and unopened, they all look the same. The same happens in yahoo. This isn't happening on my mobile phone just on my kindle.
  • booklover500
    Options
    I am having real problems with the new hotmail - it can take anything up to 3 minutes to open it once I'm logged in and then when i try to open an email it takes another minute or more.
  • badamsgirl
    badamsgirl Posts: 4,516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I really dislike the new outlook too. So slow and not at all user friendly. I do find if I want to delete emails from my inbox if I select the little down arrow on the right hand side of the screen that says all and then select unread it will then either just have all the unread ones ticked or if there are loads it sometimes ticks say the first 25 to delete. Makes it a little easier to delete spam emails that clog up my inbox. But it is still annoying that you can't just delete all emails on the first page only (read and unread) rather than everything in inbox.
    Good luck for 2024 Comping! Be lucky!
    My April 2024 Wins: Snickers (IW), kids book(web), bookmark (web), £1 cat food voucher x 5 (web), £33.34 (TW), game of minigolf (IW), pizza (IW), Biscuit voucher (PN), eyedrops (IG)
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hate the new hotmail

I have found a way to view it on mobile view, i think it's much easier

Some of you might like using hotmail this way so thought i'd share

Add extension to google from here to chrome

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mobile-user-agent/lmpnjgaclbllogbofbompgpegbbekbcc

Once installed click it in the top right corner, it will turn red, now its on (click again to turn black to turn it off)

Hotmail will now look like this

q_Vo_W845_Id_PGU.png
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family