Unknown linked addresses on credit file

Options
Hi,

Since early discharge I have been looking at my credit files to unsure all are marked satified and generally are correct.

My Experian credit report is looking fairly tidy, but i have a problem with a couple of unknown addresses in the 'linked address' section.

Upon closer inspection, the first is a incorrect digit in the postcode so its in the right area just a couple of streets across, so i am guessing a simple typo from someone at Egg (typed 4RH instead of 4EH, keys next to each other)

But the second which is linked twice by LLoyds TSB is of more concern, it shows an address I have never heard of in Tyne and Wear, some 300 miles from Surrey where I was born and have always lived. Also it shows that the link was created after my BR date. Does Lloyds have an address in Tyne & Wear they use for written of debts.

Is there anyway of getting Lloyds and Egg to ammend/delete these? Do I approach each bank and ask or can I approach Experian to ammend it.

Thanks,
Chimaera
BR - late January 2007

Early Discharge - early August 2007 (6 months 2 days)

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,761 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Experian have to maintain correct records relating to you, so contact them.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a few linked addresses on mine too. One is my sister in law. I paid for something on my debit card and had it delivered to her. Now, she shows as a link to me. How much does this matter? Does it mean that her and I are now considered as one person? I hope to god my credit won't affect her because my credit file is a bloodbath.
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure