iva failed

Options
we have been paying an iva for 2 years, but all benefits were included, now children are getting older and benefits dropped we couldn't keep up payments so asked if we could lower them. a meeting was held and apparently the iva has now failed,does anyone know what will happen next as we havent been told anything it has been a couple of months and no one has demanded money or anything, i keep dreading the post or phone ringing i'm just not sure what i should do next

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I'm told that what happens next depends on the terms of your IVA agreement.

Have you read the clauses regarding failure through? Have you contacted your IP/supervisor?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • margaret62
    Options
    thanks for your reply, i haven't read the clauses but i will do that today
  • tinkerbell212
    Options
    We were told that there is going to be a meeting with all the creditors. They will then decide whether OH will be made bankrupt or whether IVA has failed and creditors can start chasing us for the money again (great huh, after paying for a couple of years, back to 0). Our IVA company is not very interested now there is no more money to claw away from us..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure