PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 20 August (sorry)

Options
Gers
Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 20 August 2016 at 3:26PM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Thank you Gers for starting us off. We have lots of rain here, it's lovely and cool now this morning. I have been up a couple of times in the night but that was because my head was full up :D.

The wedding went brilliantly yesterday, my daughter looked so gorgeous and her husband and all the groomsmen looked really smart. I was very proud of my hubby when he walked her down the aisle and I even managed to give a little speech later on. It was raining first thing and then the sun came out just in time for the photos. All in all it was a lovely lovely day and one I shall remember for ever.

I read back over yesterdays news and caught up.
    I hope Hilstep feels better soon with her knee and can come out of hospital x
    Csarina, I hope they manage to move your hubby nearer to you and that he manages to get some edible food x
    Tru, I hope your doing nothing day worked out for you. I love sorting my yarn too x
    Gers, I hope you are having a lovely time with your Mum x

Well, I may be back later so for now take care everyone and have a lovely day xxx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Dumpling - I'm so pleased that all went so well for you and the wedding party. All your hard work and determination has paid off, well done.

The weather might just stay dry today after the miserable day yesterday. After my early doors shopping I stayed in with Mum and read most of the day. She's writing her memoirs so I was giving periodic readings from her too, it all sounds very interesting.

Today is taking Mum shopping time. I'll sit at the wee cafe at the back and have a coffee over a newspaper. I hope to head back home later on.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, thanks for the thread Gers.

Bright, sunny but breezy here, we had a fair bit of rain yesterday afternoon so everything is looking a lot greener.

Just took Mum a cup of tea in bed, she enjoyed our little excursion out yesterday so we are heading off again today, this time to the very large garden centre on the outskirts of Cambridge.
    I want to find some more of those nice plastic pots that look like ceramic ones, much lighter to move around and no chance of being spoilt by frost. Have a idea to get some more lavendar as the one we have is always covered in bees. There is a nice cafe at the GC so we might have lunch there for a treat.
    We had a visit from the newly-weds yesterday afternoon, they fly off to the honeymoon on Monday but it's still a surprise for my niece where they are going :)

Glad the wedding went well DUMPLING and you all enjoyed it so much x
    HILLSTEP, sorry to hear that the knee is still bad, best wishes it is sorted soon.

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    The DGD's were awake from 4 so I'll need a Nana nap later, we are washed, dressed and breakfasted, the dog has had her morning constitutional, the fish have been fed, hubby has a cuppa on bed and the WM and DW are chugging away.
    No idea what the weather is going to do today, if it rains I'll hang the washing under the gazebo.
    The DGD's want to make cakes in a sec, that will be fun with the 2 year old!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]redruby Have a great time! xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dumpling I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding, I knew you would but must admit I was worrying about you worrying, lol xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have a new chicken, she's a 13 week old Columbine and she came from the local kebab shop :D Let me explain, lol – the kebab shop owner lives above his shop and breeds racing pigeons in his garden. He bought some eggs from the city farm, thought 'I wonder......' and put one of the eggs under a pigeon, who was already sat on her own eggs. He didn't expect anything to happen really but three weeks later it hatched! He named her Brownie but I don't think that's very chickeny so I'm trying to come up with a new name. She's been merrily living alongside pigeons but he thought it would be better if she was with other chickens. I took her down to the henhouse just as the other girls were going to bed, she watched them for a few minutes then jumped down out of my hands and had a good scratch around before going in. After a couple of disagreements, she settled down next to Millie and they were cuddled up together this morning :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's wet and windy here so another indoors day. Scampi was miserable and whiny yesterday so I didn't get the nice relaxed day I was hoping for. Mr tru is home today so although it's doubtful, lol, I'm going to try to have a couple of hours to myself later.
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, thanks for the thread Gers X

Glad the wedding went well Dumpling and hugely well done for making a speech!
    Hilstep - take care of yourself X

We are sitting in our hotel room having a cuppa before heading down for breakfast. BILs wedding isn't until 2.30pm so we have time to relax and get ready. BIL dropped off a tie yesterday for DH to wear and also handed him a bag with the rings in - apparently he is best man ? Anyway no need for a speech apparently so panic over!

Bright and sunny outside but the forecast is for 50mph wind and rain today. Hoping that doesn't materialise as we are in a marquee later.

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Wet and miserable here and due to get worse this afternoon so washing on the airer.

Congratulations dumpling! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day.
    Hope your knee is better soon hilstep and you can get home.
    Enjoy the wedding today Coxy.

I met with some folk at a fairly local community garden yesterday after work and have been allocated a bed - 10ft by 4ft witht the use of all their tools, compost, seeds, etc and all for free! It is a really good set up and I'm looking forward to growing some veggies, if only the weather was better. Anyone know what I could start growing at this time of year?

Must do some shopping today as DD is borrowing my car for a few days tomorrow to visit her grandparents down south.

What a lovely story tru, I hope your new girl settles in well.

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

So glad you managed everything ok Dumpling, I hope you continue to make progress.

I have a gardener coming this morning to have a look at the back garden, I am hoping she will dig up the veg that has 'had it' and we can make plans to alter the garden in the spring. I need to get some weed suppressant to put down over winter, then it will get moved to the beds in the front before I put the pebbles down.

We have had more very welcome rain in the night, sun is out now, but boy it's chilly after th heat of the past weeks.

Step son went in to see his dad yesterday, OH has spoken to the Drs. about a bed in the local hospital for rehab, they have agreed to push it forward. He did have one dizzy yesterday, but spent most of the day in his chair. Step son is going in Monday and Wednesday, which will give me a rest, he is then away for 4 days, I will keep in touch via the net.......

Time to get up and face the day........
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tru - how about the name Donna for your new chick, being as she came from the kebab shop :)
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]coxy Eggcellent idea :rotfl: Donna it is :D[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport