Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Best place for leather suite

in N. Ireland
8 replies 1.7K views
grace2muchgrace2much Forumite
358 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi all, I have just finished looking at 3 piece suites at DFS, Haveys at our local retail park (I,m from L'Derry) but they don't have anything that would make us want to buy. I have bought from DFS before.

Any other retails you would recommend in Belfast or closer,apart from these big UK firms as they seem to have very similar ranges. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

PS: Just heard from friend to try Smiths Furniture Store Boucher Road Belfast, any thoughts on this shop?
“Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board

Replies

• saverbuyersaverbuyer Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Best place for a leather suite.

In a skip.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Try M&S too. Some lovely stuff.
  • I have bought several pieces of furniture from Smyths, but not a leather suite. Can highly recommend them from that point of view.

I have bought a leather suite recently from http://www.houseproudfurnishings.com/ and highly recommend them too.
  • Mrs_Mac_1Mrs_Mac_1 Forumite
    89 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    McKeefry's of Maghera. Good to haggle with.
  • We went for M&S, largely based on the style after visiting most of the others. Their store at Sprucefield has most of the range.

The furniture can look the same because its coming from a limited number of places, eg Westbridge Furniture supply M&S, Next, John Lewis etc...
  • saverbuyer wrote: »
    Best place for a leather suite.

In a skip.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Try M&S too. Some lovely stuff.

Ha ha

I was about to post the same :D

Op, do not succumb to dis or Harvey's. Buy from your local retailer. You might pay a bit more, but your local retailer won't sell you rubbish and will bend over backwards if you do have a problem

I buy from Dougans in Ahogil They give a good deal and will always be there if there is a problem a few months down the line. Family firm, they have a reputation to keep

Search Harvey's or DFS and see the complaints
  • grace2muchgrace2much Forumite
    358 Posts
    Forumite
    thanks all for the shops to try, we'll make a weekend of it with some suite shopping and see a bit of Norn Ireland :-) Been a few decades since I've been in Ahogill so good excuse now.......
    “Having, first, gained all you can, and, secondly saved all you can, then give all you can"....John Wesley

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0062 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay Board
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you tried Town and Country on Culmore Road? Very good selection in stock or they can order any other desired combination. Unlike the national chains you get to see exactly what you get and they can even deliver the same day :D

They are a long established local company and very easy to deal (haggle) with ;) Last time I got my 3 and 2 that afternoon and they took my very old and battered 3-1-1 away for nothing :T

You could also try Glenkeen in the waterside also, very good range of leather suites in stock or to order, free delivery and they have 0% 12 months finance at present :)
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • grace2muchgrace2much Forumite
    358 Posts
    Forumite
    thanks stevey will give both a look. Sometimes the answer is just a stone throw away but I'm not looking......

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals