One Year Plan and Ten Year Plan

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    lilian1977 wrote: »
    Hi

Yes Quality Save is very similar to Home Bargains, in fact I think it might be the same company.

Debt free progress today:

Found 19p in Waitrose
    Returned a bra set that didn't fit to Primark so that's £6 going back onto my credit card
    Got a box of muesli from someone at work as they didn't want it
    Agreed with DH that from this month we will up the mortgage overpayment by another £10 a month - £5 each a month every few months isn't noticeable.

I have also brought my breakfast and lunch in (my lunch is a tin of soup that is 4 years out of date that I found in the cupboards at work, haha!) and tea is from the cupboards at home.

I'm also thinking about cancelling my gym membership but I'm not sure - I use it a few times a week but have started only really using the treadmill - I can run on the streets for free. However going into the winter months I am less likely to do this. I am able to go on my lunchbreak from work and it stops me going to the shops, but it's £30 a month and I think that could be better spent paying down my debts. Does anyone have any thoughts or words of wisdom for me on this?

Have good days all xx

Edit: I have just had a quick Google and found another gym close to my work that is £5 a month cheaper, so I am going to cancel my membership at my current gym now (it won't end until 30th September anyway) and then join up with this other gym if I decide I want to keep going.

Every penny helps to that 0.19p is better in your purse than lying on the ground.

I'm waiting on a refund for something too :money: Good for you getting a wee freebie & muesli is expensive.

Do you not have pure gym or the gym near you, they are all over Glasgow & have memberships for like 10.00 or 15.00 maybe look into that.

Dxxx
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Do you not have pure gym or the gym near you, they are all over Glasgow & have memberships for like 10.00 or 15.00 maybe look into that.

Dxxx

We do but it's about a ten minute walk from my work, meaning I wouldn't have time to walk there, get changed, go on the treadmill for 30 mins, shower, dress and walk back in my lunchbreak.

I have however been in touch with the one that's £5 a month cheaper and asked if they can waive the joining fee - they can't, but they can put me on a Corporate membership which is £16.99 a month, if I commit to 12 months. I figure that's a great deal as it's just across the road and has everything I need, so I am going to have a look around at lunchtime. He also said he can hold my membership so I don't pay my first installment until October.
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That sounds ideal then.

Yay for you!

Dxxx
  • lilian1977
    Options
    Just completed a Pinecone Research survey for £3, should have that money through in around a week.

Mystery Dining reimbursement of £20 due tomorrow.

Music Magpie payment of around £30 due tomorrow.

However, I am out of spending/food money for the month (due to an accidental double payment onto my credit card!) and I don't get paid until 23rd August so I may well keep the £30 and pay down the rest.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm registered with pinecone aswell but I cannot get access to my account, keeps saying it is locked.

Emailed a couple of times & still no luck.

Surveys are still coming through & it allows me to complete them but not log in to check how many points or to redeem which is very annoying!

How did you get into the Mystery Dining?

Dxxx
  • lilian1977
    Options
    I joined up years ago, they never seem to have any spaces now especially in big towns but check mysterydining.net

x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Lilian.

Dxxx
  • lilian1977
    Options
    Hi all

I haven't posted for a while due to school holidays but am back with a vengeance now.

My husband had a good idea yesterday - my regular saver matured a week or so ago with £750 in, I was going to pay a chunk off the credit card but he suggested adding to it until end of December until I have enough to pay for my train pass - this is brilliant as it means I don't have to add more debt to my card. It does unfortunately wipe out my savings but as it wasn't a life changing amount I think it's worth doing.

So I am on a fiscal fast this week - no spending aside from picking up our Euros, we are off to Spain on Sunday and shouldn't need much as we're all inclusive but DH wants to go on a boat trip while we're there and DS wants to go on the land train. So I'm hoping to not spend a great deal on groceries as we need to eat up everything that's in the fridge before we go!

Hope all ok with you guys x
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello!
    Have you tried ziffit and we buy books? They are like music magpie but fairer and better prices. Plus you can usually get a 10% extra code. Be ruthless! You can listen to anything for free. Plus they take books and computer games.
    Also have considered moving your banking to halifax? £5 a month for free to pay to mortgage. Plus £100 upfront!
    I think you have inspired me for a new challenge. Good luck xx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's a a great idea, means that you don't need to worry about that expense later in the year.

Ah I am so jealous! We went on holiday in April this year & feels like a lifetime ago already.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport