ChilliChicken

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been a longtime browser and I have to say I admire peoples grit and determination to get through tough times.
For me I am starting what will probably be quite a short DFD. I'm almost embarassed because I'm not in a 'tough' situation, but like everyone else I hate having loans or monies outstanding.

My main driving factor is becoming even more savvy with money and also start a MFW!

I intend to share this account with my better half as I think she would enjoy some of the varied money saving/making challenges that are run.

To that end here's where I'm at DFD wise;

Nov 15' - Took out a £10k loan end of Nov 15' with the intention of buying a newer car. (If I'm honest I think I get a case of the Joneses/life too short etc)
Dec 15' - Changed my mind about 2 weeks later as I didn't like the thought of having a loan for 4 years! (I like saving money)
Dec 15' - Spent some of the money replacing parts on current car. (It's cheaper in the long run keeping it maintained, rather than losing money on a newer depreciating car.
Feb 16' - Decided it was a better investment to spend some money on the house, so we had new doors fitted (x4). New doors offer much better security/warmth etc..
April 16' - Paid back £4500 towards the loan - this saved £445 of the £737 interest.
Aug 16' - Balance is now £3988

Looking (target) to have it paid off before xmas, although having said that I could probably pay it off at the end of the month but it would reduce our 'buffer' considerably so I'm just trying to find the right balance.

I know its not a very interesting post but if I write it down here then it will help me commit to clearing it!

MrCC

Comments

• monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    good luck :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport