Entitled

Question? Divorced. Financial settlement agreed by court - she ends up with approx 43% of my arms forces pension via PSO and 22% of my lump sum.

Child support agreed signed out of court to pay going rate as dictated by Government child maintainance calculator. 1 child >103 days contact a year.

She now wants evidence of my income. It is only my pension (it is less than she thought as she robbed most of it) and she is upset she is getting so little child support. What legal right does she have to see any of my personal documents following a clean break? It's not in the agreement or court order.

Comments

• 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think the CMS can request them on her behalf, I know the CSA did, and I'm not sure how much information was passed onto the PWC by the CSA, but I don't think she has any right to see your personal documents without your permission.
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    She has no right at all to see any of your personal information. If she opens a case with CMS they may ask for proof to verify any figures you use though. Since they use information from HMRC that wont always happen. They cant pass any of this on to your ex. All she will see is the calculation and raw numbers. Since your agreement is based on this calculation she wont be any better off.
  • She can ask the CMS to take up her case or she can go back to court, either of these options would mean you having to disclose your income. The financial settlement negotiated for the divorce is irrelevant - not sure why you mention it to be honest.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport