We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Excess mileage when Part Exchanging after a PCP?
Hi all,
I read that excess mileage charges usually apply when returning a car at the end of PCP (and my dealer mentioned something about not having to worry if I exceed mileage but I choose a new car at the end of the deal).
If I decide to get another car from a new manufacturer and use the car I have currently as a part exchange, will an exceeding mileage have an impact on the price?
Thanks!
I read that excess mileage charges usually apply when returning a car at the end of PCP (and my dealer mentioned something about not having to worry if I exceed mileage but I choose a new car at the end of the deal).
If I decide to get another car from a new manufacturer and use the car I have currently as a part exchange, will an exceeding mileage have an impact on the price?
Thanks!
0
Comments
-
If you are part exchanging and the new dealer is settling the remaining finance then excess mileage will not be a factor as you are not handing the car back. The total mileage will of course have a bearing on the part ex price offered.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
If you are part exchanging and the new dealer is settling the remaining finance then excess mileage will not be a factor as you are not handing the car back. The total mileage will of course have a bearing on the part ex price offered.
Yeah, of course, I was more worried about the exceeding mileage - obviously a car will be worth less with more miles! Thanks.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
