Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Suggest Some Charity or fund raising Projects

Options
I am going to do a charity, So what kind of Fund raising projects ,I can do. So that a fund can be raised in good amount and charity can be given.:beer:

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I am going to do a charity, So what kind of Fund raising projects ,I can do. So that a fund can be raised in good amount and charity can be given.:beer:

What do you mean by "I'm going to do a charity"?
    Are you going to set a brand-new charity up?

Or do you intend to raise funds for an existing charity?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's not much more helpful, to be honest.

I'd go to the charity you wish to support, and see if they have fundraising suggestions which appeal and are practical for you. For example, are you after an 'event' or a 'sponsor me' thing? For events, MacMillan do their Big Coffee Morning once a year; the local Riding for the Disabled runs some fairs with stalls and does performances; the charity I work for has done auctions and a fashion show and had collections taken at performances.

For sponsorship, BHF has walks; some national charities do 'big' walks or treks or cycle rides (a friend did London to Brighton earlier this year); DS1 did a bungee jump while he was at Uni for Save the Children; and at work we have skydives on its list of suggestions.

A local family (mum, dad, three children under 12) have just cycled from Newcastle to Edinburgh in the next stage of their "let's cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats in the summer holidays" fundraiser - when they started the kids were TINY! They pick different charities each year.

Some of those will obviously be more practical for you
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Oh lord, his friend is going to come along soon and suggest buying charity wristbands from his website.
  • peter_derek
    Options
    Hi Ferry,

Every fundraiser has a cause. For example, I'm doing this weekend for children's suffering from spinal muscular atrophy genetic disorder.
    To raise a good fund, first of you need to build up a team. Then target a particular cause. You haven't explained you interest for whom you like to raise funds?

The best way is to organize an event, attract volunteers with giveaways, find a sponsor and a very good speech which encourage people to do for charity.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    The OP has mentioned a specific charity in one of his other threads.
  • ferrychristian
    Options
    "Cancer Awareness"I am focusing on,
    Two months ago I organized a seminar, but there were not too many sponsors , but now this is a fund raising campaign, and a very big event ,it is going to be! So need a sponsor who has same motive or really wants to be a part of this campaign.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Is 'Cancer Awareness' an existing charity?

Or do you mean you are calling your campaign 'Cancer Awareness'?

Are you still focusing on lung cancer?
    I am organizing an event for spreading awareness of lung cancer, So I am looking for some cool products, where I can some sort of message, which can make my campaign successful. Kindly Suggest.

If you are, are you aware of this website?
    https://www.roycastle.org/how-we-help/our-campaigns/lung-cancer-awareness-campaigns/thank-you-for-supporting-lung-cancer-awareness-month

This post - #4 on this thread - has some really good advice:
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    That's not much more helpful, to be honest.

I'd go to the charity you wish to support, and see if they have fundraising suggestions which appeal and are practical for you. For example, are you after an 'event' or a 'sponsor me' thing? For events, MacMillan do their Big Coffee Morning once a year; the local Riding for the Disabled runs some fairs with stalls and does performances; the charity I work for has done auctions and a fashion show and had collections taken at performances.

For sponsorship, BHF has walks; some national charities do 'big' walks or treks or cycle rides (a friend did London to Brighton earlier this year); DS1 did a bungee jump while he was at Uni for Save the Children; and at work we have skydives on its list of suggestions.

A local family (mum, dad, three children under 12) have just cycled from Newcastle to Edinburgh in the next stage of their "let's cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats in the summer holidays" fundraiser - when they started the kids were TINY! They pick different charities each year.

Some of those will obviously be more practical for you

So have you contacted the charity you wish to do the fund-raising campaign for?
  • ferrychristian
    ferrychristian Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2016 at 6:05AM
    Options
    Thanks Pollycat for this link, I have gone through the link , it helped me and yes this is a campaign of cancer awareness, particularly we are focusing on different types of cancer, now on breast cancer we are focusing, so looking for some sponsors, some products to make our event successful, This event will take place in September.
    Now I am Focusing on Sponsors, if someone wants to sponsor my cancer awareness campaign , Most Welcome.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    so you've still avoided the question

WHICH CHARITY ??

sponsors need to know what they are backing
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Oh lord, his friend is going to come along soon and suggest buying charity wristbands from his website.

OP is recommending buying wristbands on another board - the thread is about freebies for parents. I doubt if many will want to buy 100 wristbands and get another 100 free though. I have three kids and would never have used the first 100, even allowing for the kids to lose some.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure