Online Purchase Returned but no Refund

I bought a pair of shoes online, they were too small so I returned them the same day.

I have my Royal Mail proof with a tracking number. According to the website they were delivered after 3 days. A week has passed since then and I've had no acknowledgement from the company so I contacted them today to ask when I will get my refund.

They ask me to provide details of the return which I have done.

Anyone ever experienced a situation where despite having the tracking information the retailer has denied receiving them back? I'm feeling suspicious because they have a free returns service but state " we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of returned goods"

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    glitter123 wrote: »
    I bought a pair of shoes online, they were too small so I returned them the same day.

I have my Royal Mail proof with a tracking number. According to the website they were delivered after 3 days. A week has passed since then and I've had no acknowledgement from the company so I contacted them today to ask when I will get my refund.

They ask me to provide details of the return which I have done.

Anyone ever experienced a situation where despite having the tracking information the retailer has denied receiving them back? I'm feeling suspicious because they have a free returns service but state " we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of returned goods"

It does happen from time to time. Best you name the retailer, in case others have had the same problem with them.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Traders are glad to take your money very quickly but they don't refund you as fast.

It could be the refund is in the process of being refunded but not showing on their system yet?.

Either way,as Doc N stated,name the company as others may have had the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure