TSB Madness - CPD or no CPD???

Options
I've got an account with TSB (Classic Plus) from before Bankruptcy.

OR wrote to them saying he didn't care if I used it or not. I'm now essentially using it as a savings account (5% on balances up to 2k).

It looks like I've got a CPD - all loans come back at 29.9%, upgrade option says to call, no additional current account offered, refused a contactless debit card (which is a pain as you get 5% back when you use it!)

That made me think I had a CPD99 marker (block all lending) - However, they've sent me a new cheque book a few months ago.

Anyone got any experience with TSB (or Lloyds I guess, if their credit policies are still the same - have they properly split yet?) after bankruptcy?

I'm hoping using the current account for savings & the regular saver (both 5%) - the average balance will eventually hit about 3-4k, they might remove some of the blocks (I want a proper credit card, or at least an O/D limit (but I'll never use it)).

Is it worth considering or will they block everything until the bankruptcy drops off my file? They weren't owed any money in bankruptcy.

My salary doesn't get paid directly into that account - but monthly transfers across from my Nationwide account. I don't really want to mess work around changing my bank details again, especially if it won't make a difference to the lending blocks!

Comments

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lloyds would often tell you, if you asked them about a CPD marker on your account, maybe TSB would do the same ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I wanted to try and not flag it up that I've got appalling credit incase they close it!

Just phoned them to cancel a card, they said contactless isn't available but she can't see why - could be any number of reasons including credit rating or how I use the account.

If I phone back after 11th August to order the new card when I've had the monthly review it may change but she can't guarantee it.

I asked if the 11th August was a 'special' review or a standard thing - adviser said it was a monthly review that happens to all customers. Didn't ask directly about a CPD - seems mad they've sent me a cheque book but I can't have a contactless card!? Might try my local branch instead they might give me some more info on what's actually on my account

I don't really use cheques, but don't places like the money shop etc do cheque cashing, that would be a higher debt than the £30 contactless limit!

Also I thought TSB review date was 21st of the month?

Which CRA do they get their feed from.... no doubt the ridiculous number of searches on file won't help (if they receive that?) :(
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    At one point I had £35k in a Natwest savings account and the still wouldn't upgrade me from a basic account. :(

I want to open a new current account in 10weeks time after my BRU is removed and I'd like to open a TSB account. I owed Lloyds Banking Group a huge amount of money in my BR I expect I'm on their don't lend list. I'm wondering as TSB is now separate do they know the history about the debts or have no idea. Before the defaults came of my credit file they were all down as lloyds no mention of TSB anywhere on my credit file.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Spoke to someone from TSB - they say my account doesn't have CPD, I'd just flagged as a new customer (despite having the account for years!) as I don't have my salary (BGC) paid in. I only have make Faster Payments (FPI) which are excluded from calculations*

If I move my salary, they can "see no reason why I'd not get a contactless card". As Nationwide are being as useful as a chocolate teapot, and reporting my basic account to CRAs as a basic account, I'm going to close that and give it a try.... I've been discharged so they shouldn't close my account down now (OR has also written to them declaring no interest over a year ago)

* presumably excluded because it's easy to inflate your average credit by transferring round and round in circles..... which is strange, as Natwest appear to accept that 'game'!
  • Mollie_Guinness15
    Options
    Sorry, what does CPD stand for?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Credit Policy Decline - it's Lloyds way of temporarily blocking lending on a certain product. E.g. you can be blocked from an overdraft but then take out a credit card or loan no issues.

They are very erratic with the application of it though and it can be added/removed from month to month. TSB still appear to use that system despite the split from Lloyds. I guess staff training, reviewing lending policy etc for migration to a new system would take ages
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure