help with contract

Options
jason49
jason49 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all I am desperate for some help. I started a job in a college term time only on January 5th this year, it was initially for a fixed period and the contract stated that I would work 18.5 hours and get £6687.33 per annum (pro rata of 14,847.53) the contract was due to end on July 14th....it also stated that I would get 45 hours holiday entitlement up until the 14th July.
Every month since the end of January I have got a basic pay of £557.40 and my pay slip says I am paid £7.69 per hour as support staff.
The day before I was due to finish I was offered a permanent position and I thought all was well.

Today I received my July pay packet and have been paid £256.57 which was for the 2 weeks I worked in July.

I also received my new contract which states an employment start date is 5th Jan but agreement start date is 22nd August and that the pay will be £6880.18 per annum for 18.5 hours per week for 40 weeks per year (pro rata of £15,275.72 per annum with 90 hours holiday entitlement

I then wondered where my previous holiday pay was as I had not noticed it had been paid on the fixed term contract, and found on the April payslip that I have been paid holiday pay but only 28 hours at £1.35.

Now I am totally confused here, or am I being thick...£1.35 per hour for my holiday pay? and then only 28 hours at that rate instead of 45.

Also how do I work out this term time only pay, as it looks like my money is not being split into equal 12 month payments but I am only being paid £7.69 per hour.

Also if the permanent position is effective as of 22nd August am I unemployed as will go 6 weeks with no money.

Sorry for the long post but payroll didn't call me back and I am utterly lost here, so anyone with experience of these term time only contracts please help, I thought being on low wage of £7.69 per hour was because it would be split over the months.

Apologies if I look totally thick.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport