Forum Home» Campaigns Corner

Petition To Get Parliament To Hold Tony Blair To Account.

New Post Advanced Search

Petition To Get Parliament To Hold Tony Blair To Account.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Campaigns Corner
7 replies 6.8K views
choillechoille Forumite
9.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Campaigns Corner
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/159996

As the title says. This is a petition that is asking Parliament to hold Tony Blair to account.

Replies

• pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    a lot of older members of parliament thought (and still do) , that the sun shines out of Tony Liars backside
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • peliroccopelirocco Forumite
    8.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard this country isn't run by one person , If you hold one to account surely you have to hold the whole government at the time to account ?
    And by that reasoning , shouldn't every other past government be held to account for decisions or actions that have been taken that may have been dubious
    This country has a habit of invading countries without good reason ( if there is such a thing of course)
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • choillechoille Forumite
    9.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think the implications of the Iraq fiasco are horrendous & we have helped to destabilise the Middle East, but I do think that because of the lies told, he should be held to account - rather than being a peace envoy:eek:
  • Why post this rubbish?
  • choillechoille Forumite
    9.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why post this rubbish?

Why be rude?

I posted it because I can & believe that people care about these things.
  • TheGardenerTheGardener Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would agree people care - to a degree. However, pelirocco has a point - how long are we going to keep using hindsight to beat up anyone and everyone who has made a decision that turns out to be a bad one? These historical inquiries in to anything from politicians to pension schemes - cost millions and millions of public money - would we not be better just learning from the mistake and moving on?
    People need to learn the value of their vote and use it more regularly - not just at national level, but at local level as well. Too many eejits end up on local councils and local constituencies because of voter apathy.
  • I would agree people care - to a degree. However, pelirocco has a point - how long are we going to keep using hindsight to beat up anyone and everyone who has made a decision that turns out to be a bad one? These historical inquiries in to anything from politicians to pension schemes - cost millions and millions of public money - would we not be better just learning from the mistake and moving on?
    People need to learn the value of their vote and use it more regularly - not just at national level, but at local level as well. Too many eejits end up on local councils and local constituencies because of voter apathy.
    If I make a decision as an employer and one of my workers die for it I am taken to court for manslaughter.
    Why should a politician be any diferent or less accountable.
    I know it won't happen but we should push for accountability from our politicians (and bankers) and when they lie and manipulate the system for political goals take action.
    Wether it is Tony Blair a section of MPs or the intelligence service someone messed up with Iraq and pursuaded our parliment that a cartoon villain posed a credible threat.
    We need to know how to stop this type of manipulation.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support