We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 12 - Post your finds here

1…2324262829…204

Comments

  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    can any long term bootser tell me how old the Lilac No.7 bags are with flowers on with a few mini items including stay perfect nail varnish, mini protect and perfect etc.

    :ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

  • NEgirl
    NEgirl Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    I don't know about Sunderland, but Durham is VERY poor, so is the Metro Centre

    thanks hun - went to newcastle and they were pretty thin on the ground too!
    Win £2012 in 2012 challenge 0/2012

    Olympics challenge
    GOLD Holiday - won flights to RIO!
    SILVER Kitchenaid
    BRONZE iPad
  • judyjetson
    judyjetson Posts: 1,116
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just odds and ends left at the Metrocentre, mostly tights, FCUK body spray, some No7, however there were some memory cards for £1, mostly 128mb, but size doesn't matter when you get 500 points on the ACM when you buy any memory card!

    SA made a big boo-boo when she put mine through though - I asked her to put them through separately just in case I couldn't use more than voucher per transaction, but she accidentally swiped both vouchers on the first transaction, and then swiped one for the second, so I got £20 worth of points for a £3 spend!!!
  • jamtart6 wrote: »
    can any long term bootser tell me how old the Lilac No.7 bags are with flowers on with a few mini items including stay perfect nail varnish, mini protect and perfect etc.

    Just checked one that I've had on the side for a while that hasn't been opened and the voucher inside expired 12/04/06 so it'd probably have been feb/march (must have got the gwp when I bought my wedding makeup, naughty me not being a fully fledged bootser then)
  • sans_2
    sans_2 Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    The Boots in Princess St, Edinburgh was really rubbish - they had a couple of large wedding albums "reduced" to £16 each:eek: because they were missing the 400 photo corners. Original price is £18 so hardly a saving when you buy the photo corners.
    Tesco points: 101 (£21.50, £19.50, £7.50, £21 & £5)
    Boots points: £0.28
    Pigsback points: 715 (4 xBoots£10 & 1 xPizzaHut£10, 2 x £10 clothing vouchers)
    Mutual points: 3417 (redeemed 8250)
    Rpoints:redeemed 28925 points)Cashbag:£8.91(£20)
  • dotchas
    dotchas Posts: 2,487
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    babyjar wrote: »
    Just checked one that I've had on the side for a while that hasn't been opened and the voucher inside expired 12/04/06 so it'd probably have been feb/march (must have got the gwp when I bought my wedding makeup, naughty me not being a fully fledged bootser then)


    Yeh, I was going to say about 18 month old.Must get out more:rotfl:
    :j I love bargains:j
    I love MSE
  • Is it worth looking in Southampton Boots for sale stuff?
  • Are Boots any good with glasses? Just found my glasses with the left lens scratched, possibly the kits found them fun to play with. Have got a £50 off any glasses over £99 voucher, but just wondering what are they like in general. Also got a BOGOF His n Hers eytest voucher, anyone know if I can use this with the half price eyetest voucher in teh ACM?
    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out - but I can usually shut her up with cake!
  • Ooooh, i'm going back to Gloucester tomorrow first thing!! I was gutted that I had to go to a christening today and missed a day of the 50p sale, lol!
    What the Deuce?
  • What time would you say is the best time to go? :) Is the clearance stuff still upstairs? :)


    I don't imagine there is anything left now as I went in last on Saturday but the best time would be mid morning and normally the clearance stuff is upstairs
    Newbie Debt Ninja
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.