🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Time to sort my finances out

Options

Comments

• Flowers123
    Options
    £13 spent today. £10 on a present the I got some soup for work lunches which will last 2 days and some bread, milk and fruit.

No further spends planned for today. I washed my car myself so that's £8 saved :)

Going to have a tidy up then jump in the bath and relax. Also I need to review my budget. Going to write everything down on paper and work out how much I need each week. Unsure if £60 a week for food and general spends including clothes, toiletries and cleaning products, nights out and meals out is sustainable in the long run. I do want to clear this debt but I also would rather take longer paying it off and enjoy my life.
    :beer:
  • Flowers123
    Options
    Oops so Ive just spent £16.50 on some work shoes that had 50% off as I desperately needed some. I'm customer facing and can't be scruffy for work unfortunately. It does mean I can bin my other shoes that let rain water in :rotfl: It just means on Wednesday I can only take out £50. I have enough food until Wednesday including lunch for work :T

Fuel wise I'm doing ok. Won't have to top up until later on this week. I still can't believe how expensive fuel is now.

On the subject of Airbnb, I'm not sure how to check people in and out as I leave for work at 8.15am and don't get home until 5.30pm. I will have to look into this. I also want to get locks fitted on the bedroom doors as you can never be too careful these days :D

Can't wait to start earning some proper commission at work. I've had a look st my budget and I can manage on my basic wage but can't pay much towards the debt. Once I start renting the room out and earning commission I plan to put all of these earnings towards my debt :T over the next few months I can't see my debt will reduce drastically but my aim is to learn to budget and not let it increase.
  • Flowers123
    Options
    Pleased to say I've had a NSD :D

Done lots of cooking today and managed to prepare lots of meals for the week and I've also cleaned and sorted out my wardrobe. Work lunches all sorted too. Some how I will have to get through tomorrow without any chocolate.. Not sure how I'll manage but I'll give it a go.

So out of my budget I'm allowed to withdraw £50 on Wednesday to last me a week. I'm away this weekend so I need to budget for eating out and maybe a few drinks. Hotel already paid for so I won't need to worry about that luckily. I think £50 is just about manageable if I'm sensible. I have to drive to meet my friend so fuel money will come out of my £140 fuel budget :) when I looked at previous months fuel spends I always seem to spend about £100 on my commute then around £40 on seeing friends and family.

Can't believe it's Monday tomorrow already :(
  • Flowers123
    Options
    NSD yesterday :D

I had the afternoon off work today so I decided to withdraw my £50 budget for this week today instead so I could get a few things. Spent £23 out of my budget on ingredients to bulk cook and some hair dye which was £5.50 (so much cheaper than the salon) I probably could have waited to buy these items until next week but I want to cook more meals to go in the freezer on Thursday as I have the day off. I'm then away all weekend so won't get a chance until the weekend after. It does mean I now have around 10 meals ready to be put straight in the microwave so I won't be tempted to buy a takeaway :) however, that leave me with only £27 for this weekend. I have been saved by my Tes*o points as I've been able to get a £25 voucher for one of the pizza places so I should manage on this. If I really get stuck then I'll have to consider withdrawing some of next Wednesday's budget as I do have enough meals and food in the house now. I will try and budget!

I also spent £26 on filling up on fuel as I saw it was loads cheaper where I was working today.

Just waiting for all my direct debits to go out over the next 2 weeks so I can update my signature.
  • Flowers123
    Options
    So signature updated. Total debt at £20,166.01

Spent £1.60 on some treats today but no other spends apart from that.

Looking forward to getting my debt below £20,000 at the end of this month :)
  • Flowers123
    Options
    NSD :D

Overpayment of £11 paid to my loan :D

Sanded down some of the walls in the upstairs bedroom. Need to get some filler but it's so expensive.

Slowly getting the hang of budgeting :)
  • Flowers123
    Options
    £44 spent this weekend. Slightly more than I wanted but I still have my vouchers to use another time :D

Loads of food left in the freezer. Just need to get some milk, bread etc today but that's it.

£42 available for general spends which starts on Wednesday but shouldn't need to buy much at all.

I have said to a friend I'll sponsor her £10 so this will come out of my general spends :( she has sponsored me previously and is always very generous. I said I was a bit short at the moment so could only afford £10 but she is very happy with this.

I really want my car professionally cleaned as I can never do the inside very well. I may treat myself once some of the items I've out on eBay have sold.

Today's plan..

* Drop of some things at my friends house which she is going to take to the charity shop for me (not worth bothering to sell on eBay)
    * Buy bread, milk, butter, cereal, fruit and some biscuits to take to work :D
    * Do some revision ready for my exams
    * Tidy and Hoover house
    * Change bedding
    * Clean bathroom
    * Attempt to get rid of some of the weeds in the front garden
  • Flowers123
    Flowers123 Posts: 136 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2017 at 7:47PM
    Options
    So it was a productive but spendy day. Spent £18.25 on a hair brush, milk, bread, fruit, soup for work, crisps, cookies :D and some tights for work as my others all have holes in them and no one wants to see my pale limbs :rotfl:

Also need to transfer £10 to a friend.

I filled up the car so it's now full. Spent £18 out of my fuel budget.

I really need to curb my spending this week. Next weekend is paid for already :j

Looks like it's going to be a quiet week of work and not much else.

Thinking of getting a gym membership or starting swimming but this costs money but currently I do no exercise. I may start swimming as its cheaper :rotfl: I'm off to look at prices, I may pay each time I go to start with so if I don't like it I'm not tied to a membership
  • Flowers123
    Options
    NSD today and yesterday :D

14 days until payday!!
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi flowers

Even though I am scrimping by I do have a £40 yoga membership that I use at lunchtimes, it makes such a difference to how I feel and I think that's important as well. Not sure where you are but are there any of those discount gyms that are pretty basic but do the job?
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business