National express coach drivers are rude and arrogant

A number of coach drivers are very rude and arrogant in this company. One shouted at me today to stop using my mobile phone. I told him to read the conditions of carriage that clearly state that phone usage is allowed on coaches, but passengers are reminded to keep it to a minimum and not annoy other passengers. I made a 4 minute call to my wife during a 5 hour journey. We have to remind these coach drivers that they are here to serve us and have a responsibility to be respectuf and polite.

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    And because one shouted at you you're joining a new forum to complain about them all ?
    That's like saying all taxi drivers are responsible for the worlds woes.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I'm a National express driver , today I was driving my coach and a passenger was shouting down his phone , think his was talking to his wife so I politely asked him to stop as it was annoying other passengers

he got the right strop afterwards
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bollotom
    Bollotom Posts: 957
    First Post
    Forumite
    Now if that happened to me I'd refuse to get on his coach!..oh, hang on...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 July 2016 at 10:04PM
    I have been on quite a few coach tours now with Shearings and National Express (same company ) and so far every driver has been excellent. If you don`t believe me just take a tour to the Cotswolds with Shearings staying at the really nice Berkerley Hotel and sample "Alan " for a few days. I`m sure he would nt have upset you bawling into a phone like an American.The thing about a mobile phone conversation is that virtually no one else need hear what you are saying and if the driver could hear you, then you are yelling into the thing, and you need to be told that no one else wants to hear your tittle tattle, so try whispering into it, they will still hear you but importantly , I won`t
  • dcouponzzzz
    dcouponzzzz Posts: 450
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I took the national express coach between Liverpool and Manchester for 2 years commuting to work. The drivers I experienced over that full period were incredibly rude, completely distancing themselves from the fact the people on the coach were essentially their customers and that they represented their employer. I got the distinct impression that they were being treated unfairly by their employers and had zero job satisfaction.

Obviously there were a small number of exceptions, but customer service and customer feedback are certainly not part of the companies list of priorities (despite their 'text in your experience' campaign).
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • AndyBSG
    AndyBSG Posts: 986 Forumite
    It's not just National Express drivers.

Well known fact that people with blue eyes are the same... Also, anyone under 5'8" in height.... And anyone who is left handed.
  • dcouponzzzz
    dcouponzzzz Posts: 450
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AndyBSG wrote: »

Well known fact that people with blue eyes are the same... Also, anyone under 5'8" in height.... And anyone who is left handed.

You don't think taking over 400 journey's wouldn't give my opinion some weight? Although in the end it is still only 1 person's opinion and in 1 specific region, I encountered a decent sample size of drivers. My experiences validate the OP's point.
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • Alienna
    Alienna Posts: 68 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2016 at 10:54AM
    AndyBSG wrote: »

:eek: That's me! - blue eyes, left handed and 5'3" :( I'm not mean, honest!:rotfl:
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 21 July 2016 at 3:17PM
    sacsquacco wrote: »
    I have been on quite a few coach tours now with Shearings and National Express (same company ) and so far every driver has been excellent.

Ditto. Just had Sam take us to The Strathmore at Morecambe. Lovely local lad, lots of local knowledge, and couldn't do enough for all those in his charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure