Day out ideas, ages 5 weeks- 65

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
3 replies 2.1K views
sethsgransethsgran Forumite
2.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
My husband is 65 in a few weeks and having spoke to our children we are planning a day out. This is a surprise for him. We are a close family with 12 grandchildren ages 5 week to 10 years, 4 children and their spouses so with us that's 22 of us. Our plan if the weather is good is to spend the day on the beach at Bridlington, so many happy memories for all of us from family holidays there.

However can anyone suggest where we can go if the weather is awful. We live in Leeds and don't mind a 75 mile radius. Going swimming is unfortunately out of the question for our son due to a leg injury. So far I can only think of the Deep. Any ideas welcome.
Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes

Replies

• suejb2suejb2 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Have you given any thought to a steam train journey, Forbidden Corner,Media Museum, Eureka.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • sethsgransethsgran Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I like the train idea. Thanks. I will also check out Forbidden Corner. We visit Eureka quite a lot with the little ones so I will pass on that one.
  • sethsgransethsgran Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we opted for a day out by the side of the river in Burnsall. The river is only approx 25cm deep where we were so very safe. The weather was glorious and the children all had great fun. We had picnics/bbq along with birthday cake and then ice cream. We had a sudden death in the family this week and my husband is sorting the funeral etc. So it was decided not to be too far from home, also our daughter in law has her leg in a pot so we certainly avoided the beach for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals