We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

just a quick question or two ????

Options
hi to all on this site.

This is my fist post, and i hope some of you may hold the answer to my question.

As a newly discharged BR ,i was informed by my bank that i would be unable to change my basic bank account for one with an overdraft for 10 years is this true ?
will my previous credit history still count against me or does it start from scratch.
sorry i get myself so confused with all this stuff.:confused:
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance.

lillywitch.

Comments

• scaredwitless32
    Options
    Well the BR will show on your credit record for 6 yrs, but I would think it would effect getting credit for a considerable time after, although it probably varies from company to company..............(or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part! )
  • Treadstone009
    Options
    Co-op cashminder and a prepaid debit card would have pretty much the same capabilities as a full account accept their is no cheques/guarantee card:j

Discharged simply means you are out of the OR's hands but still certainly a credit risk to many unlesss your cirsumstances change massively, i.e lottery win.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport