Premier Inn at Edinburgh

Just looking to book somewhere to stay for when we go later in the year. I know there'll be cheaper B&Bs further out but anyway...

We usually stop at Jury's. The location is ideal with us coming up on the train. Was having a look at the new Premier Inn's that have been built. They were on with them the last time we were up.

Looking at the Prem Inn website & google maps, it looks like they built 2 pretty much next to each other (not sure the point in that?).

One you can book through the Prem Inn website, but the other is through their 'hub' site. That one looks very modern yet it's cheaper, which is strange (to me).

Has anyone here stayed in the [hub by Premier Inn Edinburgh Royal Mile] ?

The one next to it is a little dearer /SIZE]Edinburgh City Centre Royal Mile hotel[SIZE=2 yet this one looks like any other Premier Inn i've ever stayed in.

I just expected the more modern looking one to be dearer.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    PI's "Hub" concept is a hi-tech version of the same thing. Pretty-much its Apple-tastic as Hub rooms are intended to be managed and fully controllable from your Apple devices

I think the Edinburgh Hub is the proof of concept site for the new brand.
  • Thanks.

In the end we found someone who had been in one of these hub things elsewhere & they commented how small they are.

Looking closer at the pictures I can see it & I originally missed the wording along the lines of 'compact design'.

So we paid the £20 extra & booked in with the one next door to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure