Changing eating habits.

124»

Replies

• hieutauhieutau Forumite
    1 Post
    I am new here. I think this topic is very interesting. Habit of eating is very important, it affects so much to our health.
  • uk_americanuk_american Forumite
    315 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Similar to you, I don't do breakfast or early mornings and I love spicy food.

I have been upping my fitness routine in recent weeks, I find http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to be a wonderful free tool. You can track your eating and calories so it can help you to recognise when you need to eat more, even if you are not hungry as it will help you to avoid a crash.

My current routine is a black coffee then a piece of fruit then porridge with water. My day starts at 830 but I don't really eat before 10.30. I will do a late lunch of stir fry or something light or a carb meal like pasta at 130 after the gym. Then something around 4 PM, whatever I did not do at lunch so the stir fry, pasta etc. I do nothing except water after 7 PM as it disrupts my sleep pattern otherwise.

Hope this helps and keep posting there is a lot of knowledge on these boards. :)
  • Money_saving_maniacMoney_saving_maniac Forumite
    388 Posts
    ✭✭
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I can honestly say that was the first cup a soup I had in a long time, maybe 12 months and one before that was years ago.

I was trying to change when I crave food from large heavy things to a portion of soup, meal to a sandwich etc.

I feel like a lazy day today as was up at 10am and out till 20 minutes ago at a all day comics event, did have a subway at 11.30 and a mini chicken burger at 3pm with a ice cream but thats all I have eaten so far today and last time I ate a takeaway I think was Tuesday last week (not counting Subway as a takeaway in the same sense)

Cravings its more that I want a balance, if I am starving I want something like bread with some flavour to balance it out so essentialy a kebab with no meat just the sauce and salad.

As a snack I want something like a small chocolate bar but can handle something like a cereal bar (but I know they are packed with sugar and calories in themselves)

I think you should stop worrying so much about sugar and calories and just try to get into some kind of food routine that's a positive one.

As another poster said, try 3 meals a day, and eat before you are hungry, so that sounds like it would be lunch, tea and supper.
    Try batch cooking and freezing - plenty of threads on here to give advice on that. You could try freezing sandwiches too.

Then the chocolate or cereal bar is a between meal snack rather than a meal, and you might not even need that between meal snack.
  • edited 5 July 2016 at 7:37AM
    hqt2016hqt2016 Forumite
    1 Post
    edited 5 July 2016 at 7:37AM
    hieutau wrote: »
    I am new here. I think this topic is very interesting. Habit of eating is very important, it affects so much to our health.

Yes, I am also new member here. I totally agree with you about this point. Can we discuss more about it in private message ?
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hqt2016 wrote: »
    Yes, I am also new member here. I totally agree with you about this point. Can we discuss more about it in private message ?
    Just curious - why does it have to be a discussion via private message?

Lots of other posters have shared their suggestions and comments on the open forum.
  • SlinkySlinky Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

Creepy post!
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Just curious - why does it have to be a discussion via private message?

Lots of other posters have shared their suggestions and comments on the open forum.

Future spammers getting their post counts up. Been a load this week posting pure garbage and dragging up old threads

Just look at their homepage :)
  • Feral_MoonFeral_Moon Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Weirdo alert :eek:
  • dekaspacedekaspace Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been away so not much chance to respond, on one hand I ate better when away but another worse.

Monday for lunch I made a large portion of peas, and 3 small slices of turkey ham I had in fridge to eat it up, then for tea had a subway, for supper I was hungry though so ate a frozen pizza and packet of Jelly Babies.

Tuesday was a splurge day mainly as the friend I was with wanted a takeaway in evening, I had a 3 course Italian at lunch (soup, pork with roast potato and salad and 2 scoops of ice cream) by 6.30 I was hungry so ate a steak "burger" (a few slices of steam in a bun with onions and cheese) and a packet of crisps.

Did not plan to eat anything apart from that but 9pm my friend wanted a posh takeaway so ordered some sushi, I had 2 small pieces and put the rest of my portion in the fridge then decided to have a drink with him on way to cinema so had a pint and a alcopop when back home I had half a pack of Haribo

Wednesday I was trying to finish what I had in the hostel so had chicken with onions, mushrooms, cabbage in sauce with potatos for lunch (smallish portion though) in late afternoon I had a ham salad from Subway with the peach tea as a drink but also a small ice cream cone. around teatime I had the rest of my sushi, then at supper time I was hungry so ate a frozen pizza and the other half pack of sweets.

Today I had the 3 course Italian but nothing else but I am home so cooking something for tea tonight.
  • How have you got on the last few days? :)
    Official DFD: Dec 29
    Challenge DFD: July 23
    Debts Cleared: 1/13
    Building EF: £20/£600 3%
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides