Nail polish remover

Can anyone recommend a nail polish remover that doesn't make nails dry and flaky? Preferably found in a pound shop but I will pay more if I have to!
'When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful.........'

Comments

• happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I use Superdrug own make that is acetone free and contains some oil or other. I think it is about £1.20, I sometimes buy the pads for use in a rush they are £1. Nail varnish comes off easily and isn't too drying.
  • debonair
    debonair Posts: 32 Forumite
    Many thanks, I'll give that a go.
  • shannonhill
    shannonhill Posts: 25 Forumite
    If you are not keen on using the remover, there are many homemade methods to remove your nail polish. Saves you every penny! :)
  • Awen9
    Awen9 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi,
    I used LA pads nail remover. This Acetone free pads remove nail polish effectively.
    Thanks!!
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I wear a lot of dark polish or special effects top coats. Unfortunately only acetone removers get these off.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If your nails flake easily it can also be a sign of a lack of calcium and vitamins D and E. Make sure your diet contains enough nutrients and you get enough sunlight (best form of vitamin D, 10 mins of non-SPF coverage per day should be enough if you can find any sun...) Calcium from dairy or soya milk (which has calcium added) or fish and some green leafy vegetables will also have a little calcium in. And vitamin E which you can get from nuts, sunflower spread or some margarine spreads. Whilst nail varnish remover can and will still dry out nails, it can help a bit for your nails to be strong beforehand.
  • debonair
    debonair Posts: 32 Forumite
    No health problems or diet issues, and my nails are very strong. I only have a problem when I use nail polish remover which i don't use very often. Since posting I have used the Superdrug one and found it a lot kinder to my nails than my previous one.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Murphybear wrote: »
    I wear a lot of dark polish or special effects top coats. Unfortunately only acetone removers get these off.

Have you tried using a peel off base coat? I use one when using lots of glitter - they're great if you get them right.

Trick is to keep nails out of water for as long as possible once applied, then when you want to take them off, just soak in warm water for a few minutes and they peel off very easily with no damage to nails.

They generally only last 2-3 days, so less than if you didn't use one, but I normally only have glitter on for a short period of time anyway.

Here's one, there are plenty others from different brands:
    http://www.superdrug.com/Miss-Sporty/Miss-Sporty-Peel-Off-Base-Coat/p/305601
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    happy35 wrote: »
    I use Superdrug own make that is acetone free and contains some oil or other.

I change my nail polish a few times a week and also use the Superdrug own brand remover . . I find it pretty good and a reasonable price .
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • there has a new remover for nail polish, if you are a salon, it could be very fit for you. and if you make the nail art by yourself at home, the remover wraps could help you out. anyway, choose the better quality of nail polish is also important. :j
    nail remover

nail polish

beauty.geekhigh.com/gel.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills