We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Q - BR Forms

Options
Hi all,

Sorry, just have a quick question on how to put something on the forms. My travel too and from work every month cost £351, this is bought annually via a travel loan from my company and paid back monthly straight from my wages. This would cost more if I were to pay for it monthly, £370 (ish) and they don't charge interest. How do I report this as I definately don't want to highlight my employer as a creditor but it appears on my wage slip as a Travel Loan. Do I just mention my travel costs on the form and explain to the OR if he/she asks...

Thank you for you help

Take Care

DozyDora xx

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    DozyDora wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry, just have a quick question on how to put something on the forms. My travel too and from work every month cost £351, this is bought annually via a travel loan from my company and paid back monthly straight from my wages. This would cost more if I were to pay for it monthly, £370 (ish) and they don't charge interest. How do I report this as I definately don't want to highlight my employer as a creditor but it appears on my wage slip as a Travel Loan. Do I just mention my travel costs on the form and explain to the OR if he/she asks...

Thank you for you help

Take Care

DozyDora xx

Hi Dora,

You've only got a couple of options here:

1. explain the situation to the O.R and see what the outcome is;

2. put the amount you pay for the loan as being your travel expenditure.

If you go for the second option you can always argue that it was a genuine mistake and you didn't see it as being a loan but more of a way of securing a discount for your travel to work costs.

"Surely that benefits my estate if I'm reducing costs so I thought it was o.k"?;) ;)

Regards

Richard
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi DozyDora.

Reading through this recent thread on another forum regarding the status of these 'travel loans' in the OR's eyes might also help.

http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20436

Looks best just to explain it clearly on the BR forms and all should be OK. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • DozyDora
    Options
    Thank you to both Richard and Fermi on this :T it is one less thing for me to ponder over when tackling these forms.

Thanks again guys

Take Care

DozyDora xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business