PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tuesday 21st June OS Daily

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Fingers crossed for the interview this afternoon RR, hope all goes well.

Its a sunny morning, but some black clouds on the horizon, it need not bother, I have two lines of laundry out including the thick bath towels.

No plans for the day, too wet to garden, did the ironing yesterday, so might just do some more sewing, I made another zipper bag yesterday, did not work out as well as thr first one, so need to have another go and perfect it.

OH is at his jigsaw, he was going out to the garden, but then announced that all the boards we use to walk on are wet, and he might slip, so decided not to go out. Where did that come from I wonder? my nagging must be getting through!!

Need a trip to Bingham on Thursday, the books are due back, I will also go to Aldi for a couple of things, DD1 does not like fruit cake, dried fruit upsets her stomach, so will get a lemon and make a lemon drizzle cake, DD2 can have some when she comes on Saturday.

Fritatta for supper tonight, I have taken a piece of bacon out of the freezer, it was one of the bags of cooking bacon from Lidl, it is very thick, like a gammon steak, will take some off it for the fritatta and then bake the rest of it in the week to have with some salad.
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 21 June 2016 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Morning All
    We returned from our travels on Saturday and have been fairly busy since. DH back to work to morning and I have one day off on my own :j:j

Whist we were away our bathroom has been transformed and I love it, Was out yesterday buying
    new bits such as a 4 drawer pedestal, bath mats, new bin and toilet brush. We have removed the bath and have a full length shower and it is bliss and oh so clean :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The problem is the rest of the house now seems grubby so feel some Kon Marie coming on.

It's funny how the day before i am going back to work the sun decides to come out. Was up late this morning ( by my work standards got up at 8, normally out the door at 5) and have done some washing and made a stew for tonight. Going out shortly for some air and to get some bits for lunches for work this week

We are away next month with DGC for a week and have been buying clothes for them when I go shopping as well as picking up bits and pieces like coloring books, buckets and spades etc
    Pay day today so have just started new spread sheet for the month, we spent a lot whilst we were away but mostly had saved for and my Darling dad gave me money for my birthday so that has covered any shortfall.

Have a good day all hope the sun is shining on you all

Wishing RR good luck with the interview

NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gers - hope you are feeling better today.

Thanks camelot - I feel tons better. The problem in my nose is almost cleared up, I really should have gone to the docs ages ago but kept thinking it was a minor complaint and would soon go. Just got the ECG on Friday to look forward to!

Today is very blowy, the blue sky is still hidden behind white cloud. I was thinking about going on the ferry to Portavadie but the forecast isn't good until Thursday.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everybody,

Sending positive vibes and good luck wishes to RRuby.
    DGS is watching nursery rhymes so I have a minute or two.Life got in the way of me posting again :oWe had to go to DH cousins funeral yesterday,a 100+ mile round trip,a sad day but we did get to see cousins etc who we havent seen for over 10 years as they live down South.Be better with a wedding rather than a funeral!

The environment agency and the council engineer have been out this morning as our row of cottages had their cellars flood last Thursday.We'd merrily watched the England match thinking it was raining hard,glasses of wine in hand.After I went upstairs I noticed activity down the hill where the landslide was.We went out and sure enough the culvert was pouring out at great force and people trying to divert the water into the brook instead of their houses.
    Went back home to check the cellar and it was under a foot of water but we learned after that the non return valve Dh put in a couple of weeks ago seems to have worked to some extent as the 3 cottages on the culvert side had about 3 ft,the neighbour on the other side only had a couple of inches.The 3 with the most water have had their insurance contractors busy for weeks making good from Xmas and its ruined again :( We are ok really as DH hadnt done anything else and its still bare earth down there getting ready to concrete.The engineer reckons it'll be August before they start work on the main job,but he got a digger down the hill over the weekend to make an emergency channel for any extra rain .Needless to say,we are on constant weather watch!

DSons cancelled their planned trip to the Euros in France,shame but they didnt want to be caught up in any trouble especially being a group of lads.

Something quick for tea tonight,its usually lateish when DGS goes .
    Enjoy your day everyone x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Cafekate
    Cafekate Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    REDRUBY hope cellar dries out soon.

Dumpling hope Slimming World went ok.
    Well a busy day here. Had bloods done this morning . Called at Waitrose for my free coffee. Home via dry cleaners. Home second load of washing on line. Third load in . Friend collected me and took me to B &M then Sainsburys. Actually I'm not very impressed with how many of the Sainsbury basics are now missing.! Home more washing out. Shopping away. Have done way to much and will be in bed by 9 as to late to have my usual afternoon sleep.

Hugs to those who want / need them
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Evening all! (At the risk of sounding like Dixon of Dock Green!)

Well my GTech order arrived this afternoon and I have had a little play with them both! Very happy with the AirRam, it's so easy to move around. The multi is fine for lower levels (furnishings, stairs, skirtings etc) but because I am rather vertically challenged I cannot reach cornices etc with the extension tube on! And Nick Grey makes it look a right doddle in the tv adverts! Nonetheless I am very happy with them both and can't wait to tackle my Friday clean round with them!

The steam cleaner was delivered too but can stay in the box until I have more time to suss it out!

Have a nice evening all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,083 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all! (At the risk of sounding like Dixon of Dock Green!)

Well my GTech order arrived this afternoon and I have had a little play with them both! Very happy with the AirRam, it's so easy to move around. The multi is fine for lower levels (furnishings, stairs, skirtings etc) but because I am rather vertically challenged I cannot reach cornices etc with the extension tube on! And Nick Grey makes it look a right doddle in the tv adverts! Nonetheless I am very happy with them both and can't wait to tackle my Friday clean round with them!

The steam cleaner was delivered too but can stay in the box until I have more time to suss it out!

Have a nice evening all xx

Glad you like them TA, I've been happily vacuuming with my AirRam this afternoon too. And, also like you, I can't reach the ceiling corners with the handheld but it's because they are a bit higher than in more modern homes. So...I ordered a telescopic feather duster today! My Mum would be so proud. :rotfl::rotfl: On the way upstairs just now I used the handheld to vacuum each stair, it was brilliant.

Enough about housework. I've been in the garden until a short but fierce bout of rain forced me in. My clematis is now firmly attached to the back wall, the Virginia creeper was in danger of being overwhelmed by the lemon verbena and I've had to stake out the two borage plants because of the wind. And then I sat and watched the birds for a while.

RedRuby - how did you get on? Hope the interview went well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure