Options
    [SIZE=+1]hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

22 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

[/SIZE]921155-hills-hoist.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D

Decisions tomorrow.

A Jumble Sale :eek::eek::eek: :D

Pity they died out when Car Boots started :(

or the opening of a B&M store :D

or both :)

so easily pleased :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• choclate24
    choclate24 Posts: 555 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone remind me how you do app on self service, and do you never need them checked, thanks
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    Had something like this yesterday. An SA came up to me and said they were checking all APG's over £10 and said that 3 that I'd used were out of date!!

She only looked at the date of when I printed them.:rotfl:

The look on her face when I pointed it out to her was priceless!

But she said that they did know about the 3 for 2 glitch!! And they are looking at peeps using a lot of APG's.

I bet you just fronted it out though scamps....

I've got to be honest that if SA's started challenging me on my shopping and it wasn't a "definate" attempt at gaining an APG i'd be raising a complaint quicker than they raised their prices....
    and if I happened to be in a queue of people who were all being held up because of an interrogation at the front of the queue they would also get to hear about it from me.

It's bad enough shopping on a Saturday as it is without every receipt then being the subject of a referral to the assistant,then a supervisor and then possibly a member of management.

Customers just wont take it.....

I do very few actual glitch shops nowadays...most APG's I generate are from wombles.....which to all intents and purposes are legitimate receipts for peoples shopping....(I dont think I have ever found a glitchy womble).....customers do not want or need to be interrogated over their purchase habits by a supermarket....thats a sure fire way to make them leave and shop elsewhere.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • LEJC
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :D

Decisions tomorrow.

A Jumble Sale :eek::eek::eek: :D

Pity they died out when Car Boots started :(

or the opening of a B&M store :D

or both :)

so easily pleased :o

is there a goody bag for the first 100 shoppers at the B&M..my local is offering something similar when it relaunches in a few weeks.....

...a goody bag always sways it for me....but then I'd be off to the jumble sale for at least a cup of tea and a piece of cake!

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Although in practice this is going to be impossible for them to carry out,surely.
    I understand that if you do a target shop then you are likely to get an APG.. and in reality target shops are probably only done by a small minority of the shoppers through the store.....what happens if you are a genuine "muggle" shopper who happens to have obtained an APG by means of a promotion????

I shop at A occasionally...and as such do sometimes make use of a glitch but are they really going to challenge every customer using an APG to clarify if it was generated as a result of a promotional shop......I dont think so.

If they want to stop the APG being generated on promotions then they need to take that via their computer systems and take more care over how they and their competitors use price comparison sites....which again is a hill too far to climb!

And only using 10 APG's per month how do you even go about monitoring that.....

just my thoughts.....

Yes I agree I don't know how they can monitor this.!!hopefully they cant:D
    But my store is fairly small with only 2 or 3 sa at the tills so it is difficult to keep under the radar, even when DH pops in on the way home from work for milk or bread, many of the sa say hello to him.
    He will go to ss but the same sa monitor the ss from their own till and then call someone over if needed, its usually the sa on cs that comes. But she/he is again multi tasking.. usually dealing with the c+c orders as well.
    It seems chaos when seeing it written down but in practise it does work!!
    its even more embarrassing when getting a c+c and over the tannoy "Mr HILLBERN" is here to collect his order, and within minutes someone is pushing the green trollies through the store and that's before he has even given his name:eek::eek:
    We aren't in the store all the time, im only there once a week max and that's usually between Friday/sunday but I don't go and use the extra petrol when DH can pop in on the way home from work. So my conclusion is - its DH whos noticed not me:D:rotfl:
  • ROCKINGHAM
    ROCKINGHAM Posts: 982 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all - luving your attitude JTS. You definitely " Ring my Bell" :rotfl::rotfl:

Typical Adsa blaming customers for their system errors - still don't care as long they don't fix it.

Hope everyone is having a Good Day xx
  • LEJC
    edited 19 May 2017 at 11:43AM
    Options
    ....so everytime there is a promotion on at A are they saying that any receipt containing a promotion that generates an APG will not be valid....

it kind of makes a mockery of any promotion....and the APG

From a marketing point of view a promotion is all about generating additional sales of a product....
    Whats to say that a lot of the mullers that got sold a while back were anything other than a damn good deal on promotion......
    thats why I bought them....they appeared to be on the shelf something like 30p each.....it wasnt until I got home and fed my receipt through A own technology that I discovered that it generated an APG......

Is the message that A want to promote then....come and buy things on promotion...but any APG generated by a receipt with any promotion on is invalid...

that just about possibly covers any apg now....whether thats a targeted glitch shop or even a muggle.

From a customer retention point of view they may as well scrap the APG and watch the customers leave as no doubt S saw a little when they dropped brand match.....

• ChelseaFred
    ChelseaFred Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    WARNING this is what our friendly young sa said to us this morning.
    A couple of weeks ago she said they had a meeting about apgs, she came away seething but didn't tell us why.
    This morning she shows us the folder they have under the till A4 size with the dos and donts in it.
    there was a sheet titled APG that apparently has been circulated to all stores.
    Adsa is aware with the 342 promotion that apgs are being used, it stated the sa are within there right to refuse them on this promotion.:eek:
    I only skim read this as other staff around but I think that's the gist of it
    Our sa said shes not bothered, and she thinks its great what we do but she hasn't got the time to do herself, she hasn't even got a printer!!
    As has previously been stated may be wise to keep under £10 and possisbly use ss
    She also said beware only using 10 or under apgs a month (which we know) All staff have been briefed she said nationwide:eek:
    Morning all!
    Just parked outside A, just going in with "several" page between £10 and £20 so fingers crossed!
    Anyone got results of a test shop this morning?

ChelseaFred😊
  • Lima-India
    Lima-India Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 May 2017 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Here's my Right Gaurd shop v S. Thought it may be useful for the fillers.

9 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    A v S
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Fresh 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.08
    1x Right Guard Total Defence 5 Cool 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Clean 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    1x Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea Bedtime Brew Tea Bags (100g) £2.00 N/A
    1x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Original 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £2.00 £1.50
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.09 £0.09
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.25
    2x Right Guard Total 5 Defence Sport 48H Anti-Perspirant Deodorant (250ml) £4.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £12.52 £9.42

Cost £10.62 (had £8.74 APG from Sharpies) - returned an APG £4.05, £2 from Shopmium for teabags.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure