Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone remember the free soup email a few if us had in March and if so did anyone apply and if so did anyone get their money back?

I've just found the receipt in the scanner :( I know OH scanned it and put it as a shortcut on the desktop for ease of use. I don't think I submitted the form though :(

well it was 2 weeks before the wedding and things were getting manic .... annoying though all of the same :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2017 at 5:48PM
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    Doing the TimeS LEGOLAND offer this weekend with a couple of pre-teens,

any tips please?

what to do and what to avoid? TIA :)

Top tip? Enjoy, it is great :cool:! I particularly like the Star Wars features.

We have been for the past 4(?) years :cool: and are going again this summer (and the next!) as I have my T CC vouchers ready :D (go mid summer holidays in the first year, then in the first week or so of the summer holidays the following year - one year pass covers two summers ;). The T CC vouchers were £25 for an annual pass.

Getting there? If by car, when you get to Windsor, follow the alternative/scenic route - it is slightly further in distance terms but much quicker than the straight route due to less traffic (it is signposted). Get there before opening time so that you are through the gates and in the holding area ready for park/rides opening.

It is worth planning your day if there are specific rides that you want to go on as if it is really busy then you can be waiting a looooonnnnngggg time for rides, so head to the ones you want quickly when the park opens and then go on the others. Despite how big it looks, once you get your bearings you can get round the site very quickly.

They offer refillable cups for around £7.50 - worth buying 1 of these (or 2 if you are feeling generous!) as they then last all day with multiple free refills (if your gang are prepared to share, then one cup will be fine for the family as you can refill all day - or all season if you return later in the year ;).

They offer kids eat free with an adult in some restaurants from around 3pm if I recall correctly (may be annual pass only though, so may not be of use to you - worth checking). The pizza restaurant is good value anyway as it is unlimited pizza and pasta (for kids and adults with big appetites - it also includes unlimited drinks). The burger restaurant near the log flume (if kids eating free with a paying adult) is also good value.

Make sure you take in a big packed lunches including snacks etc as prices are not cheap (and you build up a good appetite when walking around all day). If hot, make sure you have sunscreen and hats etc (and if thinking about going in the Duplo Valley - if the water features are open - or on the log flume/canyon ride be prepared to get wet, so take waterproofs/pack-a-macs from the pound shop etc as again ridiculously priced on site!)

Finally, in terms of buying Lego, they had a reduced/offers section above the Star Wars shop which has always been worth a visit (otherwise the prices are generally RRP and can be bought cheaper from Amazon and elsewhere - so have the conversation beforehand about if there is a specific set they want, to check the price there then buy online if cheaper!).

Staying over? We have found Slough Travelodge or Terminal 5 at Heathrow are the best value every year so far and close enough for the commute in..

HTH

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    does everyone know about the 1in3 chance to win a free multipack of walkers?

The codes to enter are on the outside of promotional multipacks

https://paypacket.walkers.co.uk/

For the second time in a week I've had to rummage in our outside bin.

But guess what?

I've won:T:T:T

Twice:T:T:T

Congratulations TM

You really are a baller :whistle::whistle::think:

Great odds..........

Just think Austin......we can get Tomato ketchup flavour:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Afternoon luvlies

Sorry, been skimming :o. Noticed TM maybe dragging Mr TM out to waities and looking for Asian food, is it because you already knew about this and I missed it :rotfl:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/joy-asia-10-meal-deal-2-mains-3-sides-from-19th-april-16th-waitrose-2669548?/

Yes I saw that hampy....looks delicious.

Do you have any supporting walls left in your house?:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Just had a mailing from Waities ... alas no spend and saves :(

Half price vouchers, valid until 14th May

1 litre Cif Floor Cleaner Ocean Fragrance
    750 ml Dettol Surface Cleanser Spray
    570 ml Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner
    700 ml Cif Power and Shine
    Dettol Surface Cleanser Floor Wipes 15s
    Finish Power and Pure Quantum 60s
    45 wash Persil Laundry Powder

Save £1 on Dylon colour Catcher Sheets

And the best one :j FREE Waitrose Fabric Conditioner, 730 mls

I got exactly the same one today:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-000-nectar-points-worth-10-when-book-a-virgin-train-ticket-from-just-2630992

eta: just noticed on that thread that some people got their points 2 weeks ago, others are still waiting

Cheeky I know, but I do wonder if FB CS check with anyone before applying the points or if they are just goodwill ... if they did, they would have rejected the V1king queries as V1king had rejected them due to their T&Cs, which suggests they don't check? That being the case, wonders out loud if it would be worth contacting them for missing points from this promo or is that crossing a line ...

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the free soup email a few if us had in March and if so did anyone apply and if so did anyone get their money back?

I've just found the receipt in the scanner :( I know OH scanned it and put it as a shortcut on the desktop for ease of use. I don't think I submitted the form though :(

well it was 2 weeks before the wedding and things were getting manic .... annoying though all of the same :(

Yes my payment came through pretty quickly:)

Congratulations on your egg wendy:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Options
    juju17 wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud.....the w4lkers offer....I recall when they did the £3 lunch promotion, people buying the boxes of walkers from HB? or somewhere similar....wonder if this might be worthwhile with this promo, and if the boxes are on offer?

Jack F, FF etc will likely be selling them at lower prices over the coming months, but if it is only on multi packs then that does increase the cost somewhat. Ah ... £3 lunch promo, fond memories :A.

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Winning emails read

Click the link here to download your Multipack coupon and redeem in store. Each Multipack comes with 6 more chances to win a cash prize or another Multipack.

I was under the impression that there was one cash prize in each multi pack but perhaps there's the possibility of a cash prize in each packet of crisps
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Jack F, FF etc will likely be selling them at lower prices over the coming months, but if it is only on multi packs then that does increase the cost somewhat. Ah ... £3 lunch promo, fond memories :A.

Anon

Can't remember the odds on the single packs but 1 in 3 is pretty good on the multipacks:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills