Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all...

Dearest Snap my thoughts are with you and the family. Your post touched me on many levels and I truly wish you all well xx

I have a huge apology to make to Enterprise for not acknowledging your dear FIL's passing....somehow I must have missed your posting over the last few days.
    His journey of pain is now at an end and I hope you can now start to rekindle the memories of happier times that will take you forward xx

Di...I loved your post this morning and I too love my dear friend in a very special way...

AJ...I'd like to say we are slowly getting used to being empty nesters....but it's so very exciting when ours returns for a flying visit....I am on countdown for the easter holidays which I think start in 16 days time and that means a whole 3 weeks with DS home.

I need to shop today....I have a choice of either A or T as most of the shop can either be funded by the T giftcard or wombled APG's....I probably wont partake in the OS as again we have plenty from previously.....but just in case anyone spots anything good going forward involving white wine....please give me a shout....down to the last 6 bottles!

Hoping for a positive day for all....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We're pretty sure he knew, but so relieved he waited for the kids to visit, we went down with DD the weekend before too, and several people had been popping in. Suspect that he made the decision to expedite things though, he didn't want to continue as he was and there was no prospect of recovery.
    mhoc wrote: »
    Yes, hide your posh laundry plastic thingies and just put supermarket basics in the cupboard - they will always show up with their washing and no liquids or conditioners.

This will take some getting used to - they will randomly show up to do their washing, on days when you think everything is quiet and you can do some stuff just for yourself ...

I have DS3 down the road in opposite direction. He popped up a couple of days ago with a black bin bag. I thought it was the stuff he was letting DS4 rummage through to see if he wanted anything. Alas no, just dirty washing, his machine expired the previous evening :eek:

I don't mind them coming and going, we've always been a close family, DS3 has a key to get in and no doubt DS4 will keep his. Many is the time we've come home from a day out or a few hours shopping and I find a bar or box of chocs, flowers from the garden (my garden). DS3 had obviously been to borrow something and left me a gift in return :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Options
    Has anyone else's bonus wheel disappeared on Candy?

No, mines there but poor tweets hasn't had her twice daily bonuses to do. Nothing there for her grrrrr

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Options
    Right, I've got to get a shift on as I want to get a good parking spot. Market day today but I can generally get a blue badge spot at Mr A if I get there before 10am :rotfl:

See you later xx

• Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Snap, so sorry to hear your sisters news, sending you and your family my positive thoughts, stay strong. We are all here for you if you need a shoulder.

What a cruel world this is, Cancer is happening and we need to kick its butt.

Di, loved your post and you are right FC, is a truly amazing lady.
  • Splodge12
    Splodge12 Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone,
    A couple of quick questions if you don't mind. I have only ever put one receipt into Quidco with one item on it so with the Shower Gel can I put a receipt in showing six different gels? With the Crosse & Blackwell soup email has anyone got a email back stating that the receipt has been accepted I sent mine in about a week ago and haven't heard anything?
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Splodge ....my understanding is that you can claim 4 things per receipt.

IF it were an item showing you could buy more than one then up to that limit is accepted....but as each one is listed separate I would stick to one each up to four on each receipt.

for anyone who likes a drop of the dark stuff...presumably in honour of st Patrick later this week...a 500ml bottle of guinness to the value of £1.83 also seems available on clickly
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    What can I say? You have broad shoulders and have been a tower of strength for your family and they wouldn't be where they are today without you, so, pick yourself up get rid of gout buy yourself a new pair of crocks and admire your new kipling get yourself positive then get yourself in for round 2 of the fight.... but remember you have a very large elite family who are always here for you...:A

Big Hugs x

:A Funnily - I was in Kipling store yesterday & there was a bag with my sister's name on the monkey, plus it was in a colour only she would find attractive... so I bought it, that prompted a meltdown outside in the middle of Cheshire Oaks :o:o:o
    but she loves it :)
    So sorry about this Snap, but at least your sister didn't just keep hoping it would go away. You know you can come on here and have a moan, we are all here for you xx

Have to admit to being in tears here, think the wound is rather raw still, and thanks to you I am actually managing to cry, I sincerely hope you can give in and do the same xx

:o:o Originally she was trying to 'pop' them, thinking they were cysts.
    She is an avid squeezer of spots, boils, lumps & black heads :o
    When we went to Parents the other weekend, she insisted a lump on Dad's face was an ancient black head .. So she squeezed it :eek:
    I wish we had filmed it for You Tube... it was up there with the best. Yards of dry compacted detritus came out in a long sausage :o:o :D

TMI :rotfl:
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cjj wrote: »
    Hi re Viking nectar offer. Wanted to check I have definitely registered nectar card to Viking account but don't know where to check. Looking on Viking account & not seeing nectar card. Where should it be please ? Tia xx

I couldn't find it either cjj but a quick online chat confirmed it was registered :)
  • Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear, not such a good morning today for several Elite :(

Stay strong peeps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income